Require seeds of Adenanthera pavonina and Xylia xylocarpa

J.M. Garg

Jan 12, 2022, 10:07:11 AM1/12/22
to efloraofindia, Hukam Singh Gehlot
Interested in following two plants legumes of Mimosoideae

1. Adenanthera pavonina
2. Xylia xylocarpa

Interested in checking root nodules. I can check if I get seeds by sowing them in soil. If you people know locations/ sites where these tree plants grow kindly 8nform me. If I can get seeds of these for research plz..

H.S.Gehlot

PS: Garg ji or Kasaju ji if you can get information from our members of eflorindia plz let me know.

J.M. Garg

Jan 12, 2022, 11:12:39 AM1/12/22
to efloraofindia, treeseed...@gmail.com, Hukam Singh Gehlot
Thanks, Ashvini ji.
Hi, Gehlot ji,
Pl. contact with Ashvini Gautam <treeseed...@gmail.com>

Jan 12, 2022, 11:23:40 AM1/12/22
to efloraofindia
Jan 13, 2022, 12:16:29 AM1/13/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Hukam Singh Gehlot
Hi Garg ji and Gehlot ji,
I have seen a few trees of Xylia xylocarpa along roadsides near Karnala Bird Sanctuary.
Adenanthera pavonina is found in some popular gardens. Veer Mata Jijabai Bhosale Udyan, Mumbai has this tree listed.
In either case, I think fallen seeds need to be collected. I am not aware where they are sold.

Regards.
Dinesh

Hukam Singh Gehlot

Jan 13, 2022, 12:49:30 AM1/13/22
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Dinesh Ji and Garg ji for your information which is quite helpful. We don't want to buy it since our purpose is research and generating knowledge. Getting material through academic people is authentic and we can't rely fully on traders. If you have access to Xylia seeds it would be nice to get it. I will bear the postage charges if any. I am happy that efloraofindia is a useful link for academic activity in the country because members are doing great jobs.

very best regards

hs gehlot

very best regards

hs gehlot
Dr. Hukam S. Gehlot
Professor
Department of Botany
UGC-Center of Advanced Study
BNF & Microbial Genomics Lab.
J.N. Vyas University, Jodhpur-342001
INDIA
 +91-291-2720799 (O), +91-291-2570140 (R), 91-94141-24939 (M)

Dinesh Valke

Jan 13, 2022, 1:15:19 AM1/13/22
to Hukam Singh Gehlot, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Very glad that the information was helpful to you, Gehlot ji.
For me, the Xylia site is not nearby; therefore cannot commit now. In case I visit that place in future and get seeds, I will definitely let you know,
Regards.
Dinesh