Cuscuta Sp?? 090410-PKA1

Prashant awale

Apr 9, 2010, 12:31:39 PM4/9/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Came across this Cuscuta sp.  on the beach of Ganapatipule.

Botanical name:

Cuscuta sp???

Local name:

Amarvel??

Date/Time-

27-03-2010 /12:55 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

On Sea beach of Ganapatipule- (near Ratnagiri)

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Climber

Height/Length-

Found to be spreading horizontally all over the beach section..

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

No leaves

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

----

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

White

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Photograph attached (Greenish,  Globuse).

regards
Prashant
IMG_5977.jpg
IMG_5974.jpg
IMG_5975.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 9, 2010, 12:54:37 PM4/9/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Dear Prasant Ji,
Can this plant be Cuscuta gigantea Griffith, Not. Pl. Asiat. 1: 243. 1847. I am suggesting beacuse the stout nature of the stem. Please validate
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

shrikant ingalhalikar

Apr 9, 2010, 1:49:26 PM4/9/10
to efloraofindia
Cassytha fliformis of Lauraceae. Regards, Shrikant

On Apr 9, 9:31 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> Came across this Cuscuta sp.  on the beach of Ganapatipule.
>

>   *Botanical name:*
>
> *Cuscuta sp???***
>
> *Local name:*
>
> *Amarvel??*
>
> *Date/Time-*
>
> 27-03-2010 /12:55 PM
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- *

> On Sea beach of Ganapatipule- (near Ratnagiri)
>

> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> Wild
>
> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  *
>
> Climber
>
> *Height/Length- *

> Found to be spreading horizontally all over the beach section..
>

> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*
>
> No leaves
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size- *
>
> ----
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> White
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-*
>
> * *
>
> Photograph attached (Greenish,  Globuse).
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *
>
> * *
>
> --
>
> regards
> Prashant
>
>  IMG_5977.jpg
> 194KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5974.jpg
> 185KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5975.jpg
> 197KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

Apr 9, 2010, 1:54:51 PM4/9/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Cassytha fliformis ... commonly known as: air creeper, devil's gut, dodder-laurel, green thread creeper, love vine, moss creeper, princess hair, Sita's yarn • Hindi: आकास बेल akas bel • Kannada: ಆಕಾಶ ಬಳ್ಳೀ aakaasha balli, ಅಮರ ಬಳ್ಳಿ amara balli, ಬೀಳು ಬಳ್ಳಿ bilu balli, ದಾರದ ಬಳ್ಳಿ daarada balli, ಜನಿವಾರ ಬಳ್ಳಿ janivaara balli, ಮಮ್ಗನ ಉಡಿದಾರ mamgana udidaara • Konkani: आंकासवेल ankasvel • Marathi: अमरवेल amarvel, अंबरवेल ambarvel • Oriya: akashavuli • Sanskrit: आकासवल्ली akasavalli • Tamil: எருமைக்கொற்றான் erumai-k-korran, தூற்றுமைக்கொற்றான் turrumai-k-korran, பசுங்கொற்றான் pacu-n-korran • Telugu: ఆకాశవల్లి akasa-valli • Urdu: آکاس بيل akas bel

Regards.

tanay bose

Apr 10, 2010, 12:24:37 AM4/10/10
to Dinesh Valke, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Dear Shrikant ji & Dinesh ji ,
Thank you for the name . I have never came across this plant. I hope there is a typographical error in the specific epithet of this plant in both cases i.e. Dinesh Ji & Shrikant Ji's Suggestion. The corrected name is...

Cassytha filiformis Linnaeus, Sp. Pl. 1: 35. 1753.

Lauraceae Jussieu

Love-vine

Stems twining, pale green to yellow-green to orange, filiform, glabrous or pubescent. Leaves alternate, ca. 1 mm. Inflorescences spikes, rarely reduced to single flower. Flowers bisexual, subtended by ciliate bract and bracteoles; outer 3 tepals 0.1-1 mm, similar to bracteoles, inner 3 tepals 1-1.8 mm, apex incurved; pistil 1.2 mm, glabrous. Drupe to 7 mm diam. 2 n = 48.

Hope you will not mind of the correction made by me.
Regards
Tanay