Cissus quadrangularis (Veldt Grape or Devil's Backbone)

J.M. Garg

Nov 25, 2009, 8:59:22 AM11/25/09
to indiantreepix

On 31/10/09 at Herbal Garden, on the outskirts of Hyderabad, A.P.

I think it's cultivated for its medicinal properties.

Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cissus_quadrangularis
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Cissus quadrangularis I2 IMG_3196.jpg
Cissus quadrangularis I3 IMG_3196.jpg
Cissus quadrangularis I IMG_3196.jpg
Cissus quadrangularis I IMG_3197.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 25, 2009, 9:08:58 AM11/25/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Yes Garg Ji
I saw this being cultivated in Herbal Garden, Delhi

Juice prescribed in Scurvy, powdered root for fractures, young shoots in curries and preparation of Papads.

English: Edible-stemmed vine. Sans: Asthisanhara, vajravalli. Hindi: Hadjora, hassankari. Beng: Hasjora, harbhanga. Mar: Chaudhari, kandavela. Guj: Chodhari, vedhari. Tel: Nalleru. Tam: Pirandai. Kan: Mangaroli.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

.