Indian Cabbage White (Pieris canidia)- Female. Plant Id?

J.M. Garg

Jan 14, 2008, 4:08:07 AM1/14/08
to butterflyindia, indiantreepix
On 12/1/07 at Botanical Gardens, Shibpur, Howrah (Kolkata). I hope the Id is correct. Anybody on plant Id?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

DEBASISH JOARDAR

Jan 14, 2008, 9:05:51 AM1/14/08
to indiantreepix
Dear Mr. Garg,

Though the flowers are not very much clear, it looks like Synedrella
nodiflora.

Regards,

Debasish Joardar.

On Jan 14, 2:08 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/1/07 at Botanical Gardens, Shibpur, Howrah (Kolkata). I hope the Id is
> correct. Anybody on plant Id?
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "What ultimately remains, is the hand you extend to others"
> For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees pictures etc., visithttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg
> For learning about our trees & plants, please visithttp://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>
>  Indian Cabbage White (Pieris canidia)- Female I IMG_3709.jpg
> 195KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Jan 14, 2008, 10:10:58 PM1/14/08
to DEBASISH JOARDAR, indiantreepix
Thanks, Debasish for Id.
I am attaching another picture, in which I think flowers are more clear.
It looks like Synedrella nodiflora (Cinderella weed, nodeweed, pig grass, pig grass, synedrella) as per the following link:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
"What ultimately remains, is the hand you extend to others"
For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees pictures etc., visit   http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg
Indian Cabbage White (Pieris canidia)- Female on Synedrella nodiflora at Kolkata I IMG_3710.jpg