Kannada names of Cissus repanda (Wight & Arn.) Vahl

Dinesh Valke

Feb 25, 2022, 12:38:21 AM2/25/22
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara Swamy
Dear Mahadeswara ji,
Please help validate the Kannada names of Cissus repanda, that I have attempted in native script.
Please take your time.

mandaka balli - ಮಂದಕ ಬಳ್ಳಿ
yelaekambulla balli - ಯೆಲೇಕಂಬುಳ್ಳ ಬಳ್ಳಿ
Reference: Karnataka Biodiversity Board, 2019. FLORA OF KARNATAKA, A Checklist, Volume – 2: Gymnosperms and Angiosperms. 1 - 1002 (Published by Karnataka Biodiversity Board)

elekombu balli - ಎಲೆಕೊಂಬು ಬಳ್ಳಿ
kallu narande - ಕಲ್ಲು ನರಂದೆ
mudi balli - ಮುಡಿ ಬಳ್ಳಿ
Reference: Exploration and elucidation of traditional medicinal plants of erstwhile Tulunadu and surrounding area of Kerala and Karnataka - by Subrahmanya, Prasad K

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Feb 25, 2022, 1:40:59 AM2/25/22
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara Swamy
Dear Mahadeswara ji,

Following should be okay ...
mandaka balli - ಮಂದಕ ಬಳ್ಳಿ
yelaekambulla balli - ಎಲೆಕಂಬುಳ್ಳ ಬಳ್ಳಿ

elekombu balli - ಎಲೆಕೊಂಬು ಬಳ್ಳಿ
kallu narande - ಕಲ್ಲು ನರಂಡೆ
mudi balli - ಮುಡಿ ಬಳ್ಳಿ

I used another reference (Latin and Kannada names of indigenous and medicinal plants of Mysore by S G Narsimhachar), and cross-referred other species of Cissus.

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Mar 3, 2022, 1:55:51 AM3/3/22
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara Swamy, DineshValke

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 11:08 AM Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Mahadeswara ji,
Please help validate the Kannada names of Cissus repanda, that I have attempted in native script.
Please take your time.

mandaka balli - ಮಂದಕ ಬಳ್ಳಿ
yelaekambulla balli - ಯೆಲೇಕಂಬುಳ್ಳ ಬಳ್ಳಿ
Reference: Karnataka Biodiversity Board, 2019. FLORA OF KARNATAKA, A Checklist, Volume – 2: Gymnosperms and Angiosperms. 1 - 1002 (Published by Karnataka Biodiversity Board)

elekombu balli - ಎಲೆಕೊಂಬು ಬಳ್ಳಿ
kallu narande - ಕಲ್ಲು ನರಂದೆ
mudi balli - ಮುಡಿ ಬಳ್ಳಿ
Reference: Exploration and elucidation of traditional medicinal plants of erstwhile Tulunadu and surrounding area of Kerala and Karnataka - by Subrahmanya, Prasad K

Regards.
Dinesh

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mahadeswara

Mar 3, 2022, 11:16:10 PM3/3/22
to efloraofindia
I have sent  reply directly to Dinesh ji & Garg ji in response to the mail received separately.Please check.

J.M. Garg

Mar 9, 2022, 1:39:36 AM3/9/22
to efloraofindia