Lamiaceae for ID plz_111110_RKC_03

10 views
Skip to first unread message

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

unread,
Nov 11, 2010, 2:12:57 AM11/11/10
to efloraofindia
ID Plz,

Loc.: On way to Churdhar, Himachal Pradesh (ca 2000m)

Date: 10th August, 2010

Regards,
Ritesh.


1.JPG
2.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG
IMG_1336.JPG
IMG_1337.JPG
IMG_1339.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Nov 11, 2010, 2:57:40 AM11/11/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
I hope Nepeta elliptica

-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

Prashant awale

unread,
Nov 11, 2010, 12:01:13 PM11/11/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
How about Nepeta podostachys?
regards
Prashant

tanay bose

unread,
Nov 11, 2010, 2:03:29 PM11/11/10
to Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
I hope Nepeta elliptica though not dead sure
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
            604-822-2019 (Lab)

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Nov 11, 2010, 5:12:37 PM11/11/10
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Yes Prashant ji may be right. Lower leaves are appearing distinctly petiolate. The specimens previously associated with N. elliptica can now be found belonging to N. elliptica (all leaves sessile), N. subincisa (with serrate or incised leaves; lowers leaves petiolate), N. paulsenii (lower leaves petiolate, leaves linear-elliptic or elliptic, subentire to crenate-serrate) and N. podostachys (lower leaves petiolate, oblong-ovate, crenate). N. podostachys seems to be the best match.


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

Ritesh Choudhary

unread,
Nov 11, 2010, 7:22:31 PM11/11/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot for the efforts Respected Gurucharan sir, Prashantji and
Tanayji,

May I know about the distribution of this plant in India? Fl. Pakistan
reports this from Afghanistan and Pakistan only.

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Nov 12, 7:12 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Prashant ji may be right. Lower leaves are appearing distinctly
> petiolate. The specimens previously associated with N. elliptica can now be
> found belonging to N. elliptica (all leaves sessile), N. subincisa (with
> serrate or incised leaves; lowers leaves petiolate), N. paulsenii (lower
> leaves petiolate, leaves linear-elliptic or elliptic, subentire to
> crenate-serrate) and N. podostachys (lower leaves petiolate, oblong-ovate,
> crenate). N. podostachys seems to be the best match.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 11:03 AM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I hope Nepeta elliptica though not dead sure
> > tanay
>
> > On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> How about *Nepeta podostachys*?
> >> regards
> >> Prashant
>
> >> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >>> I hope Nepeta elliptica
>
> >>> --
> >>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >>> Retired  Associate Professor
> >>> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >>> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >>> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >>>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/<http://people.du.ac.in/%7Esinghg45/>
>
> >>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary <
> >>> ritesh....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>>> ID Plz,
>
> >>>> Loc.: On way to Churdhar, Himachal Pradesh (ca 2000m)
>
> >>>> Date: 10th August, 2010
>
> >>>> Regards,
> >>>> Ritesh.
>
> > --
> > *Tanay Bose*
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages