Lamiaceae for ID plz_111110_RKC_03

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Nov 11, 2010, 2:12:57 AM11/11/10
to efloraofindia
ID Plz,

Loc.: On way to Churdhar, Himachal Pradesh (ca 2000m)

Date: 10th August, 2010

Regards,
Ritesh.

1.JPG
2.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG
IMG_1336.JPG
IMG_1337.JPG
IMG_1339.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 11, 2010, 2:57:40 AM11/11/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
I hope Nepeta elliptica

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Prashant awale

Nov 11, 2010, 12:01:13 PM11/11/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
How about Nepeta podostachys?
regards
Prashant

tanay bose

Nov 11, 2010, 2:03:29 PM11/11/10
to Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
I hope Nepeta elliptica though not dead sure
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 11, 2010, 5:12:37 PM11/11/10
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Yes Prashant ji may be right. Lower leaves are appearing distinctly petiolate. The specimens previously associated with N. elliptica can now be found belonging to N. elliptica (all leaves sessile), N. subincisa (with serrate or incised leaves; lowers leaves petiolate), N. paulsenii (lower leaves petiolate, leaves linear-elliptic or elliptic, subentire to crenate-serrate) and N. podostachys (lower leaves petiolate, oblong-ovate, crenate). N. podostachys seems to be the best match.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Ritesh Choudhary

Nov 11, 2010, 7:22:31 PM11/11/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot for the efforts Respected Gurucharan sir, Prashantji and
Tanayji,

May I know about the distribution of this plant in India? Fl. Pakistan
reports this from Afghanistan and Pakistan only.

Regards,
Ritesh.