Plant for id - 3

Padmanabhan Geetha

Jan 23, 2009, 11:51:20 AM1/23/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflowerindia
Dear All
The plant that i am posting grows about 2 kms away from the Eastern coast of kanyakumari. the general plant profile of that area is thorny scrub.
Could this be a species of Justicea? The plant grows to a height of 2ft, stem thin but hard.
id requested please

Thanking all of you in advance
geetha
Is it Justicea.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 26, 2009, 11:03:44 PM1/26/09
to Padmanabhan Geetha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Geetha ji,
Justicia procumbens?
From Indiantreepix Database:
Justicia simplex (Justicia procumbens var. simplex)  Acanthaceae Kharagpur Town, Dist. Midnapore, West Bengal: 24/12/07; On 17/8/08 in Talakona forest, AP; On 18/10/08 in Narshapur, AP; PLANT FOR IDENTIFICATION -54 - indiantreepix | Google Groups For Id 240809JM2 - indiantreepix | Google Groups Justicia procumbens - indiantreepix | Google Groups Hygrophila serpyllum (Ran-tewan)? - indiantreepix | Google Groups Justicia procumbens? - indiantreepix | Google Groups

Padmanabhan Geetha

Jan 26, 2009, 11:28:29 PM1/26/09
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Garg ji
thank you, I looked up the reference at Indiatreepix database- neither the leaf nor the inflorescence look the same. Also the plant i posted was quite
an erect, strong stemmed plant. Is the word 'procumbens' not used for plants that have stems that trail along the ground without rooting?
I am posting another image of the same with the leaves and the inflorescence with this mail.
best wishes
geetha

Is it Justicea plant profile.jpg

Padmanabhan Geetha

Jan 29, 2009, 7:13:18 AM1/29/09
to indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia, srinivas krothapalli
Dear Experts

I was trying to find similar plant on the net and was searching.....
Could this be Justicia glauca ? I was going through Shri Srinivasa Babu's album on Flickr at :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14517290@N05/page3/
and saw a similar one to my image.
Can someone help please ?
The plant profile did not match the J procumbens as was suggested earlier here.

warm wishes
geetha
Is it Justicea.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 1, 2009, 3:56:50 AM3/1/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id pl.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Satish Phadke

Sep 9, 2009, 11:30:52 AM9/9/09
to indiantreepix Indian
Forwarding again for ID

Sep 9, 2009, 2:14:36 PM9/9/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Satish Ji,
This is Justicia tranquebariensis L.f., interestingly this photograph might be  from a variant plant. It normally has a terminal inflorescence of 4-10 cm long, but rarely you can see solitary flower.

Thanks for posting
Santhosh
2009/9/9 Satish Phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>
--
SANTHOSH

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!