Iris Flower For ID : California : 22NOV14 : AK-52

Aarti S. Khale

Nov 22, 2014, 8:03:31 AM11/22/14
to efloraofindia
Purple Iris seen at the Japanese Tea Garden, Golden Gate Park,San Francisco on 30/9/14.
This was growing in a pond.
For the Species id please.
Aarti
P1290181.JPG
P1290182.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 29, 2014, 1:21:23 AM11/29/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

P1290181.JPG
P1290182.JPG

Vijayasankar

Nov 29, 2014, 4:09:51 PM11/29/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Iris sp.?

Regards

Vijayasankar
Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
University of Mississippi

Aarti S. Khale

Nov 29, 2014, 9:53:27 PM11/29/14
to Vijayasankar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Vijayasankar Ji,
This is not Iris Species?
Something else then?
Regards,
Aarti

Vijayasankar

Dec 1, 2014, 5:39:11 PM12/1/14
to Aarti S. Khale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
My bad, Aarti ji...I didn't realize that you have already identified it as Iris.
Let's wait for id of the species.

Regards

Vijayasankar
Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
University of Mississippi

Aarti S. Khale

Dec 1, 2014, 10:09:13 PM12/1/14
to Vijayasankar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Not a problem Vijayasankar Ji.
We all make mistakes in a hurry.
Yes, hope to get the Species id.
Regards,
Aarti

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 1, 2014, 11:20:08 PM12/1/14
to Aarti S. Khale, Vijayasankar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
No beard, blue flowers
I hope a cultivar of Iris spurea

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Aarti S. Khale

Dec 1, 2014, 11:50:33 PM12/1/14
to Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Gurcharan Ji,
Thanks for the suggested id.
I am hoping you will find time to go through all my California posts.
Regards,
Aarti

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 8, 2021, 10:44:16 AM10/8/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 8, 2021, 10:45:07 AM10/8/21
to indiantreepix, Aarti S. Khale
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

Oct 8, 2021, 11:31:10 PM10/8/21
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Gurcharan Ji,
Thanks for forwarding my earlier Iris post from California.
Regards,
Aarti

Yuri

Dec 5, 2023, 5:45:40 AM12/5/23
to eFloraofIndia
This is Iris laevigata (Japanese: kakitsubata)

Regards,
Yuri Pirogov

суббота, 9 октября 2021 г. в 06:31:10 UTC+3, Aarti S. Khale:

J.M. Garg

Dec 5, 2023, 5:47:04 AM12/5/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Aarti S. Khale, yuri.p...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot, Yuri ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Dec 6, 2023, 12:22:39 PM12/6/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, yuri.p...@gmail.com
Yuri Ji, Garg Ji
Thanks a lot for finally resolving this id.
Regards
Aarti