4 pictures for you

Yazdy Palia

Jun 29, 2010, 6:58:11 AM6/29/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
Which ficus is this tree?
Date & Time 29 June 2010,
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Cethalayam, Wayanad, Kerala, India.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb Tree
Height, Length. 20’
Leaves Type, Shape, Size Abrasive, Oval, 12” by 5”
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts-
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds 1” round
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

You have been sent 4 pictures.

DSCN3008.JPG
DSCN3009.TIF
DSCN3010.TIF
DSCN3011.TIF

DSCN3008.JPG
DSCN3009.jpg
DSCN3010.jpg
DSCN3011.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Jun 29, 2010, 7:01:11 AM6/29/10
to Yazdy Palia, indian...@googlegroups.com
this is ficus hispida

Dinesh Valke

Jun 29, 2010, 7:01:10 AM6/29/10
to Yazdy Palia, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yazdi ji, ... F. hispida.
Regards.

L. Rasingam

Jun 29, 2010, 7:09:24 AM6/29/10
to Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, indian...@googlegroups.com
yes,
this is F.hispida

L.Rasingam

tanay bose

Jun 29, 2010, 8:20:42 AM6/29/10
to L. Rasingam, Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, indian...@googlegroups.com
Ficus hispida ---dumur in bengali
tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Yazdy Palia

Jun 29, 2010, 11:36:22 AM6/29/10
to tanay bose, L. Rasingam, Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
Tanay ji, Rasingam ji and Dinesh Valke ji; Many thanks to all of you
for identifying and confirming the identity.
Regards
Yazdy.

Yazdy Palia

Jun 29, 2010, 11:42:28 AM6/29/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Attaching pictures of a strange mushroom. I call it strange because,
though the crown is soft the stem and root are tough. Especially the
root is like the root of a tough tuber. I tried to pierce it with a
stick and failed.
Please help me in identifying the mushroom.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

You have been sent 4 pictures.

DSCN3021.TIF
DSCN3024.TIF
DSCN3025.TIF
DSCN3026.TIF

DSCN3021.jpg
DSCN3024.jpg
DSCN3025.jpg
DSCN3026.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 29, 2010, 1:29:31 PM6/29/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Dear Yazdy ji,
Please donot use same thread to post multiple bio-forms, use separate threads kindly.

the mushroom in the attached photo is

Marasmius rotula

Ecology: Saprobic on sticks and woody debris in hardwood forests; growing alone or gregariously (or in clusters); spring through fall; widely distributed east of the Rocky Mountains.

Cap: .5-2 cm; convex, but soon with a central depression; pleated; appearing to have a flat top and squarish sides when viewed from the side; smooth; dry; brownish in the depression, whitish elsewhere.

Gills: Attached to a tiny "collar" that encircles the stem; white to yellowish white; distant.

Stem: 1.5-8 cm long; 1-2 mm thick; equal; dry; shiny; wiry; pale at first but soon dark brown to black except at the apex; base sometimes with stiff hairs.

Flesh: Thin.

Odor and Taste: Not distinctive.

Spore Print: White or pale yellowish.

Microscopic Features: Spores 6.5-10 x 3-5 µ; smooth; more or less elliptical. Cystidia absent on gill faces; inamyloid broom cells present on gill edges. Pileipellis with broom cells that feature very short projections.

Regards

Tanay

Yazdy Palia

Jun 29, 2010, 1:39:18 PM6/29/10
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Dear Tanay ji,
I am surprised as to how two separate postings appear in the same
thread. I have posted each bio forms separately by picasa. Thank you
for the identification. Incidentally, the mushroom was not found on
wooden debris but on soft elephant dropping. Have you taken a look at
the root of the mushroom? It is like a node.
Regards
Yazdy.

Regards
Yazdy.

Dinesh Valke

Jun 29, 2010, 1:43:32 PM6/29/10
to Yazdy Palia, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Yazdi ji ... the subject line is remaining same (seems you do not have control over it when you send it via Picasa).
Gmail fuses threads with same subject line (my thinking).

Regards.

tanay bose

Jun 29, 2010, 2:15:41 PM6/29/10
to Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
The mushroom id Marasmius rotula , its known to me !!
Tanay