Robinia pseudoacacia from

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 20, 2010, 10:49:35 PM8/20/10
to efloraofindia
Robinia pseudoacacia from Kashmir, One of the very commonly grown avenue tree in Kashmir valley, the flowering period was over, so could catch only fruits. Photographed from Shankeracharya hill in Srinagar on June 23, 2010.

Common names: False-acacia, Black locust
Kashmir: Kikur

Very commonly used as fuelwood and implements. Leaves and flowers medicinal.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Robinia-pseudoacacia-Kashmir-a.jpg
Robinia-pseudoacacia-Kashmir-b.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 20, 2010, 11:02:55 PM8/20/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Getting a glipse of this plant for the first time
Thanks to you Sir Ji

Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Kenneth Greby

Aug 21, 2010, 11:00:05 PM8/21/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dr. Singh--

Here is an interesting form with simple leaves, instead of compound ones, that I found growing in Malibu, California, USA, Robinia pseudoacacia var. monophylla. I had never seen before, despite seeing thousands of regular R. pseudoacacia over the years.

http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z93/fastfeat/Robinia_pseudoacacia_var_monophylla/?start=20

Regards,
Ken.