2 pictures for you

Pravin Kawale

Mar 18, 2010, 2:15:18 AM3/18/10
to efloraofindia
Hi,
Flowers of
Firmania colorata .
Family : Sterculiaceae
Lacation: Sagargad,Alibag MS
Date/Time: 18 Mar,2010
Common Name :Khavashi,kanashi
Habit : Tree
Habitat : Moist Deciduous Forest
Ecological Status : Common
Identification key :
Inflorescence orange-red, hairy tomentose
Description :
Inflorescence clothed with orange-red coral-like stellate tomentum.
Leaf Base : Cordate
Leaf Surface : Glabrous
Inflorescence: Panicle, Terminal
Flower Type : Many flowered
Fruit : Follicle
Fruit Shape : Ellipsoid, Oblong
Seed : Ovoid, 2
Thanks

DSC03398.JPG
DSC03399.JPG

DSC03398.JPG
DSC03399.JPG

R. Vijayasankar

Mar 18, 2010, 12:50:04 PM3/18/10
to Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Beautiful Prawin ji!

Since the petals are absent here, the calyx taken up the work and is brightly coloured.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar
National Center for Natural Products Research,
The University of Mississippi,
Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

Dinesh Valke

Mar 18, 2010, 1:14:49 PM3/18/10
to R. Vijayasankar, Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
.... commonly known as: bonfire tree, buttressed parasol tree, colored sterculia, Indian almond, scarlet sterculia • Assamese: jari-udal • Bengali: মূলা mula • Hindi: bodula, samari, walena • Kannada: ಬಿಳಿಸುಲಿಗೆ bilisulige • Konkani, in Goa: खोलथे kholthe • Malayalam: മലബരത്തി malabaraththi • Marathi: कौशी kaushi • Miri: kath-udal • Tamil: மலப்பருத்தி malapparutti

Regards.

Pardeshi S.

Mar 19, 2010, 2:58:01 AM3/19/10
to efloraofindia
Common names: Scarlet sterculia, Kaushi, Supli, Kowsery, Khavas.
Leaflesss when flowering.

Regards

On Mar 18, 10:14 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> .... commonly known as: bonfire tree, buttressed parasol tree, colored
> sterculia, Indian almond, scarlet sterculia • Assamese: jari-udal • Bengali:
> মূলা mula • Hindi: bodula, samari, walena • Kannada: ಬಿಳಿಸುಲಿಗೆ bilisulige •
> Konkani, in Goa: खोलथे kholthe • Malayalam: മലബരത്തി malabaraththi •
> Marathi: कौशी kaushi • Miri: kath-udal • Tamil: மலப்பருத்தி malapparutti
>
> Regards.
>
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM, R. Vijayasankar

> <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > Beautiful Prawin ji!
>
> > Since the petals are absent here, the calyx taken up the work and is
> > brightly coloured.

> >> .
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > With regards
>
> > R. Vijayasankar
> > National Center for Natural Products Research,
> > The University of Mississippi,
> > Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

Pravin Kawale

Apr 18, 2010, 8:33:28 AM4/18/10
to Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Hi,
Seeds of the same
Photographed at Sagargad,Alibag
Regards

Pravin

Khavashi seeds.jpg
Khavashi seeds 2.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Apr 18, 2010, 8:59:28 AM4/18/10
to Pravin Kawale, Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
.... simply amazing ... phoenix-like appearance !!
Many thanks for sharing, Pravin ji ... I remember you had posted one of this lot earlier.
Let me share a photo too.

Regards.
kaushi.jpg

R. Vijayasankar

Apr 18, 2010, 9:17:15 AM4/18/10
to Dinesh Valke, Pravin Kawale, Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Excellent Pravin ji! Thanks for showing us both flowers and fruits (rare to sight).