Fruits for ID : 210710-AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 21, 2010, 12:01:32 PM7/21/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Taken at Mahabaleshwar,Maharashtra on the 18th of April,09.
Local person said they were edible....name in Marathi given as Ambulki or something similar.
These were creepers growing on other trees.
Kindly help in identification.
Sorry I forgot to add the format.
Regards,
Aarti
P1070322- edible fruits.JPG
P1070323.JPG

tanay bose

Jul 21, 2010, 12:34:48 PM7/21/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Elaeagnus conferta Roxburgh from Elaeagnaceae I hope !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Prashant awale

Jul 21, 2010, 12:47:36 PM7/21/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Aarti ji,

This is Elaeagnus conferta
(Family: Elaeagnaceae).
Local name: Ambgul. Fruits are  edible.
regards
Prashant

tanay bose

Jul 21, 2010, 12:48:19 PM7/21/10
to Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the confirmation Prasant Ji
tanay

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 21, 2010, 3:24:16 PM7/21/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Prashant ji and Tanay,
Thanks for the id.
Regards,
Aarti

On Jul 21, 8:48 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the confirmation Prasant Ji
> tanay
>

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Aarti ji,
>
> > This is Elaeagnus conferta (Family: Elaeagnaceae).
> > Local name: Ambgul. Fruits are  edible.
> > regards
> > Prashant
>
> > On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti.kh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Dear all,
> >> Taken at Mahabaleshwar,Maharashtra on the 18th of April,09.
> >> Local person said they were edible....name in Marathi given as Ambulki or
> >> something similar.
> >> These were creepers growing on other trees.
> >> Kindly help in identification.
> >> Sorry I forgot to add the format.
> >> Regards,
> >> Aarti
>
> --
> Tanay Bose
> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> 9830439691(Mobile)- Hide quoted text -

tanay bose

Jul 21, 2010, 11:29:59 PM7/21/10
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Welcome Arati Ji
Tanay

JM Garg

Oct 1, 2019, 8:06:47 AM10/1/19
to efloraofindia
P1070322- edible fruits.JPG
P1070323.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 1, 2019, 8:08:24 AM10/1/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Taking this as Elaeagnus latifolia L. in view of discussions under thread: Confusion in Elaeagnus species in Flora of Peninsular India

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

P1070322- edible fruits.JPG
P1070323.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 1, 2019, 10:15:37 AM10/1/19