Matheran Set of Flower

Rajesh Sachdev

Jul 25, 2008, 4:52:39 AM7/25/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Hi all,

here comes the set of flowers we saw at Mathearn. The shots were taken by my co-traveler  Mr. Amish Shah.
--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Tabish

Jul 28, 2008, 5:23:14 AM7/28/08
to indiantreepix
2nd one looks like Golden Star Grass (Hypoxis aurea)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Golden%20Star%20Grass.html

3rd one looks like Single Leaved Habenaria (Habenaria
grandifloriformis)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Single%20Leaved%20Habenaria.html

Cheers!
- Tabish
> flower_#1.jpg
> 564KViewDownload
>
> flower_#6.jpg
> 590KViewDownload
>
> flower_#7.jpg
> 677KViewDownload
>
> flower_#8.jpg
> 1035KViewDownload

Rajesh Sachdev

J.M. Garg

Aug 1, 2008, 4:52:29 AM8/1/08
to Tabish, indiantreepix
From Indiantreepix Database:
Hypoxis aurea Hypoxidaceae Kitkitli Grasslands Panchgani plateau- June'08 http://www.bpi.da.gov.ph/Publications/mp/pdf/k/kitkitli.pdf Hypoxis aurea 22 Jun Panchgani - indiantreepix | Google Groups
Habenaria grandifloriformis  Orchidaceae Ashadh Habe Amri near Hedwi in the Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. These flowers bloom in the Monsoons- Dr. Goutam Joglekar. In plains like Kas near Satara, (Mah) on 8/7/08- Satish ji. 22 Jun trip to Panchgani.  Habenaria grandifloriformis (No common name) Fwd: [India-nature-pixs] Habenaria grandifloriformis (Hedwi) Size rectified - indiantreepix | Google Groups Habenaria grandifloriformis - indiantreepix | Google Groups Habenaria grandifloriformis 22 Jun Panchgani - indiantreepix | Google Groups

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

Tabish

Aug 1, 2008, 5:55:01 AM8/1/08
to indiantreepix
Rajesh, the leaves of the two species will easily distinguish between
the two. Habenaria grandifloriformis plant has only a single heart-
shaped leaf. If you have another picture of this plant where leaves
are visible, you can verify that.
- Tabish

On Aug 1, 1:48 pm, "Rajesh Sachdev" <rajeshdsach...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tabish, It was difficult for us to identify the Flower No. 2 say
> habenaria rariflora and now as u suggested *Habenaria grandifloriformis. *Can
> anyone help in differentiating between both the species in field.
> --
> Regards
> Rajesh Sachdev
> Wild Mumbai Nature Conservation
> --
> "The tiger cannot be preserved in isolation. It is at the apex of a large
> and complex biotope. Its habitat, threatened by human intrusion, commercial
> forestry, and cattle grazing, must first be made inviolate." - Mrs. Indira
> Gandhi
>
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Tabish <tabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2nd one looks like Golden Star Grass (Hypoxis aurea)
> >  http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Golden%20Star%20Grass.html
>
> > 3rd one looks like Single Leaved Habenaria (Habenaria
> > grandifloriformis)
>
> >http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Single%20Leaved%20Habena...

J.M. Garg

Aug 10, 2008, 12:59:23 AM8/10/08
to Tabish, indiantreepix
How the remaining two lovely flowers go unided? Can anyone help with the family so that Ids can be nailed down.

J.M. Garg

Aug 10, 2008, 5:37:12 AM8/10/08
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Are both of them (1st & last one) from Begoniaceae?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Dec 20, 2019, 10:29:43 AM12/20/19
to efloraofindia
Images listed in Hypoxis aurea efi GS. I guess need to be sorted out.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju