efloraindia: 141011 BRS60

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Oct 14, 2011, 3:00:35 AM10/14/11
to efloraofindia
Pl. find the attached file contain photo for id. request.

Date/Time-Location- 06.10.2011, 3 PM
 Place, Altitude, GPS- Chinnar (Way to Munnar, Kerala) Road side. 1200 MSL
Habitat-  Urban- Road side.
Plant Habit-  Shrub
Flowers Size/ Colour- yellow

Thanks

B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

IMG_2503.JPG

Tanay Bose

Oct 14, 2011, 8:43:46 AM10/14/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
Calceolaria tomentosa
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Giby Kuriakose

Oct 14, 2011, 9:04:36 AM10/14/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia, tanay bose
Yes Calceolaria tomentosa of  Calceolariaceae family, the yellow slipper flower.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

J.M. Garg

May 12, 2017, 2:31:56 AM5/12/17
to efloraofindia, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy
I have been avoiding this issue, but finally took the plunge to look for authentic sources on net.
To me it appears like Calceolaria tripartita as per images herein & as per the following apparently authentic source:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

IMG_2503.JPG