PlANT FOR ID 150 SMP OCT 09 Acanthaceae

1 view

Satish Phadke

Oct 10, 2009, 1:47:11 PM10/10/09
to indiantreepix Indian
Seen on roadside growing wild in Pune Oct 09
Appears to be Acanthaceae member.
Ruelia? Barleria?Asystasia?
Flower size smaller than common Barleria
Satish Phadke
--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
DSCN2654s.jpg

Tabish

Oct 11, 2009, 12:02:58 AM10/11/09
to indiantreepix
Dyschoriste depressa? Just a guess!
- Tabish
>  DSCN2654s.jpg
> 118KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN2655s.jpg
> 150KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN2656s.jpg
> 104KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2009, 11:14:48 AM10/23/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix, Nayan Singh, Rani Bhagat
I think it's Asystasia mysorensis (Roth) T. Anderson. I shot similar pictures on 11/10/09 in Ananthagiri HIll forest, in Rangareddy district of Andhra Pradesh, which are attached.
I think Nayan ji's flower in the following thread is also the same:

Other links for Asystasia mysurensis:
2009/10/11 Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Asystasia mysurensis is it I2 IMG_2621.jpg
Asystasia mysurensis is it I2 IMG_2624.jpg
Asystasia mysurensis is it I IMG_2623.jpg
Asystasia mysurensis is it I IMG_2621.jpg
Asystasia mysurensis is it I IMG_2626.jpg

Satish Phadke

Oct 23, 2009, 1:24:50 PM10/23/09
to J.M. Garg, Tabish, indiantreepix, Nayan Singh, Rani Bhagat
Yes it certainly looks like Asystasia mysorensis.
Thanks a lot.