104 ID wild plant orchid

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 18, 2021, 10:09:51 AM7/18/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID an orchid on my coconut tree as wild, with kind regards, Sam.
Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Flower date: 18.07.2021, 02.20pm

Altitude: 1400fsl

Habitat: wild, moisture, rooted on other trees

Plant habit: orchid, young shoots from base, light obliqued, hard stem, rooted on a coconut tree at a height of 15 feet, long lasting

Height: 20cm

Leaves: alternate, rounded 4 mm in diameter, lengthy 15cm, fleshy, soft

Flower: 5 petals, diameter:08mm, light pink and purple, non fragrant

Fruit: rigid beans, green into black, size:3×.4cm

Seed:

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

104 Identify wild plant
20210718_140344.jpg
20210718_135812.jpg
20210718_135450.jpg
20210718_135910.jpg
20210718_135602.jpg
20210718_135507.jpg
20210718_135937.jpg
20210718_135652.jpg
20210718_135241.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 18, 2021, 10:18:11 AM7/18/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210718_140912.jpg
20210718_140834.jpg
20210718_142420.jpg
20210718_140650.jpg
20210718_142240.jpg
20210718_140542.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 18, 2021, 10:23:08 AM7/18/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210718_135319.jpg
20210718_140335.jpg
20210718_140033.jpg
20210718_140024.jpg
20210718_140452.jpg
20210718_142134.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 18, 2021, 11:38:59 AM7/18/21
to efloraindia
Luisia zeylanica Lindl. having distribution ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 18, 2021, 1:59:06 PM7/18/21
to efloraofindia
Yes, it is dear Saroj ji, many plants of this kind growing here.  Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 18, 2021, 2:13:23 PM7/18/21
to efloraindia
My pleasure.
Thank you Sam !

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 19, 2021, 3:03:20 AM7/19/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members, today's beauty
20210719_095056.jpg
20210719_100908.jpg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 27, 2021, 7:22:19 AM7/27/21
to efloraofindia
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Jul 27, 2021, 9:15:10 AM7/27/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID assistance, with kind regards, Sam
20210718_135319.jpg
20210718_140335.jpg
20210718_140033.jpg
20210718_140024.jpg
20210718_140452.jpg
20210718_142134.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 27, 2021, 12:13:12 PM7/27/21
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Luisia zeylanica Lindl.  is not correct ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 27, 2021, 12:29:40 PM7/27/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it is correct.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 27, 2021, 12:35:06 PM7/27/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
I was confused since you have re posted seeking ID/\.

Thank you Sam !

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 27, 2021, 12:45:25 PM7/27/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Ok, thank you very much for ID my plant, kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 27, 2021, 1:35:42 PM7/27/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg

OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jul 27, 2021, 9:05:07 PM7/27/21
to efloraofindia
This does look close to Luisia zeylanica which has leaves that start tapering almost 1-2 inches before the apex. In this plant at least I can't see that character. Luisia zeylanica also has much narrower petals than this. I can faintly see the there are 5 veins on the petals, which is also a character of L. zeylanica. I would be more than happy to see a fresh flower.
Till then we can consider Saroj sir's id correct.
Thanks and regards
Pankaj

J.M. Garg

Jul 28, 2021, 1:28:06 AM7/28/21
to efloraofindia, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Pankaj ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 28, 2021, 1:33:06 AM7/28/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Pankaj Kumar
Thank you very much for sharing information and appreciation dear Pankaj ji, with kind regards, Sam.