Flower of the year-2009

Prashant awale

Dec 23, 2009, 8:47:22 AM12/23/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Spontaneous reaction of few of my friends after seeing this picture was.... "Hidden Treasure",  "Open book" and thats how it looks..

Bot. name: Geissaspis cristata
,     Family: Fabaceae
Location: Aakraswadi at the base of Matheran Hill.
Date: 13-09-2009

Thanks & best wishes
Prashant
Geissaspis cristata-Flora09-ITP.jpg

Rajesh Sachdev

Dec 23, 2009, 9:02:40 AM12/23/09
to indiantreepix
Prashantji,
you would be surprise to know that when I located it (Geissaspis cristata) in Karnala Bird Sanctuary for a bird walk-20/09/2009- with my frnds, they assumed it to be carnivore plant .

here is the pic from Karnala

Narendra Joshi

Dec 23, 2009, 10:54:46 AM12/23/09
to Prashant awale, Indiantrees
Dear Prashant Ji,

It is really a hidden treasure. You have spotted at a correct time.

Thanks!

Narendra Joshi