ID request -23022011-PKA2

Prashant awale

Feb 23, 2011, 12:32:58 PM2/23/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

I had seen this Shrub at Doraikatte Hill slope (North Karnataka).

Date/Time: 19-01-2011 / 09:15AM
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Shrub
IMG_3869.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg
IMG_3874.jpg
IMG_3875.jpg
IMG_3876.jpg
IMG_3877.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2011, 12:47:01 AM6/13/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Prashant awale

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

IMG_3869.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg
IMG_3874.jpg
IMG_3875.jpg
IMG_3876.jpg
IMG_3877.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

Jun 13, 2011, 1:35:47 AM6/13/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Prashant awale
This is Dipterocarpus indicus of Dipterocarpaceae family. This is not a shrub! it is a sapling of an emergent tree species that might reaches even 40-50m in height.

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD