Please help I.D. this grass

taffa...@gmail.com

May 26, 2024, 2:47:31 AMMay 26
to eFloraofIndia
Dear members,
Kindly help ID this grass which is a troublesome weed.
Habitat: Wild in untended fields in Rawathpora Srinagar
Habit: Tall herb upto 3 feet tall
Dates on which photos were taken are mentioned in the caption.
All photos under CC license (Attribution only required).
Regards
Taffazull
PHOTO2APRIL18.JPG
PHOTO5MAY25.JPG
PHOTO1APRIL18.jpg
PHOTO3APRIL25.JPG
PHOTO4MAY25.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 26, 2024, 3:39:25 AMMay 26
to efloraofindia, TAFA
Thanks, Taffazul ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

PHOTO2APRIL18.JPG
PHOTO5MAY25.JPG
PHOTO1APRIL18.jpg
PHOTO3APRIL25.JPG
PHOTO4MAY25.JPG

taffa...@gmail.com

May 27, 2024, 12:57:21 AMMay 27
to eFloraofIndia
One more photo:
Photo of ovary with what looks like a bifid hairy stigma

OVARY WITHBIFIDSTIGMA27MAY.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 27, 2024, 2:54:31 AMMay 27
to efloraofindia, TAFA
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji

May 27, 2024, 5:39:21 AMMay 27
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Manoj ji,
Thanks for the ID
Regards
Taffazull

taffa...@gmail.com

May 27, 2024, 8:39:38 AMMay 27
to eFloraofIndia
One more photo
3 anthers on very short stamens
As the stamens are very short and anthers totally enclosed by palea and lemma I wonder if it is self pollinated.
Am asking it just out of curiosity as I am totally ignorant about grasses.
Regards
Taffazull

ANTHERS 27 MAY.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 28, 2024, 12:49:43 AMMay 28
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 28, 2024, 12:50:12 AMMay 28
to efloraofindia, TAFA
Thanks, Taffazull ji

May 28, 2024, 12:54:25 AMMay 28
to eFloraofIndia
Please check Bromus catharticus

J.M. Garg

May 28, 2024, 2:06:20 AMMay 28
to efloraofindia, TAFA
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji

May 28, 2024, 6:30:54 AMMay 28
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Manoj Ji,
Many thanks for your kind explanation.
So far in spite of my best efforts I have yet to see a spike in which flowers have undergone anthesis and have protruding anthers. Perhaps it is still early. I will keep looking and if I find one I will post a photo.
With sincere regards
Taffazull

taffa...@gmail.com

May 28, 2024, 7:01:04 AMMay 28