266 ID wild small tree

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 9, 2022, 4:14:03 AM2/9/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild tree, kind regards, Sam

Location: near Eazhattumukham, Paniyeli, Ernakulam, Kerala

Altitude: 1200fsl

Flower date: 02.01.2022, 05.20

Habitat: wild, moisture, riverside

Plant habit: small tree, erect, branches, hard stem 03 inches base circumference, long lasting

Height: 03 meters

Leaves: alternate, ovate, apex, glossy, serrated margins, size:12×8cm or less

Flower: racemose, clustered, diameter:05mm, off-white, good fragrance

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s
266 Identify wild plant
20220102_171734.jpg
20220102_171840.jpg
20220102_172027.jpg
20220102_172123.jpg
20220102_171939.jpg
20220102_172202.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 9, 2022, 4:15:27 AM2/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220102_172211.jpg
20220102_172243.jpg
20220102_172253.jpg

vip...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2022, 11:47:51 PM2/10/22
to efloraofindia

Could these be the male flowers of a Drypetes sp. [Putranjivaceae]?

Best wishes, Viplav

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Feb 12, 2022, 1:27:47 AM2/12/22
to efloraofindia
Suregada multiflora,
With regards.

J.M. Garg

Feb 17, 2022, 12:19:48 AM2/17/22
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, vip...@gmail.com, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Could these be the male flowers of a Drypetes sp. [Putranjivaceae]?

Best wishes, Viplav

Suregada multiflora- from Paradesi ji.

Looks different from images at Suregada multiflora

Also could not find a match as per existing species in efi site at Drypetes- from me

266 Identify wild plant
20220102_171734.jpg
20220102_171840.jpg
20220102_172027.jpg
20220102_172123.jpg
20220102_171939.jpg
20220102_172202.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 17, 2022, 12:54:47 AM2/17/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vip...@gmail.com, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Dear Garg ji,
Thank you very much for forwarding my request for ID, with kind regards, Sam.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Feb 20, 2022, 1:41:09 AM2/20/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vip...@gmail.com
It's not any other than Suregada Sam Ji, Check with local flora,
With regards.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 20, 2022, 7:43:19 AM2/20/22
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vip...@gmail.com
Yes, it is Suregada sp. dear Paradesi ji, but some difference in flower opening compare with indiabiodiversity portal images, also visible lengthy peduncle with more than one bulb(?) at the same site and my plants' leaves have serrated margins.  Local flora image is not available, please share it, with kind regards, Sam.
20220219_135322.jpg
20220219_134957.jpg
20220102_172202.jpg
20220102_172154.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 23, 2022, 4:57:04 AM2/23/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Could these be the male flowers of a Drypetes sp. [Putranjivaceae]?

Best wishes, Viplav

Suregada multiflora- from Paradesi ji.

Looks different from images at Suregada multiflora

Also could not find a match as per existing species in efi site at Drypetes- from me

It's not any other than Suregada Sam Ji, Check with local flora,- from Paradesi ji

Yes, it is Suregada sp. dear Paradesi ji, but some difference in flower opening compare with indiabiodiversity portal images, also visible lengthy peduncle with more than one bulb(?) at the same site and my plants' leaves have serrated margins.  Local flora image is not available, please share it,
with kind regards, Sam.

Two species are listed in Flora of Peninsular India as below:
Suregada angustifolia
Suregada multiflora
Both appears to be different from the posted plant.- from me

to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Dear Garg ji,
Thank you very much for forwarding my request for ID, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Mar 2, 2022, 8:48:03 AM3/2/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, vip...@gmail.com
Dear Garg ji,
Thank you very much for forwarding my request for Identification, kind regards, Sam.

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 5, 2022, 5:06:53 PM4/5/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
The flowers are of Suregada multiflora.

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2022, 8:45:12 PM4/5/22
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks a lot, Tapas ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 6, 2022, 1:06:28 AM4/6/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks Tapas ji.
Inflorescence of Suregada multiflora (male) visible only as axillary in eFI which is totally different from my plant, with kind regards, Sam.