321 ID wild climber

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:27:18 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild climber, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist.,Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 02.05.2022, 12.20pm

Habitat: wild, wet/moisture, shaded rocky misty hill

Plant habit: climbing, branches, weak yellow patched flexible old stem upto 03 inches base diameter, green cylindrical smooth young stem, single tuber globoid 80% unearthed, perennial

Height: 03 meters

Leaves: alternate, heart-shaped, size upto:10×9cm

Flower: axillary racemose, circular compressed, clustered,  inflorescence diameter:08mm, greenish yellow, fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +rr
321 Identify wild plant
20220502122200_IMG_5248.JPG
20220502122259_IMG_5252.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:28:44 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220502122525_IMG_5259.JPG
20220502122702_IMG_5261.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:29:45 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220502113038_IMG_5208.JPG
20220502113015_IMG_5205.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:30:32 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220502113130_IMG_5211.JPG
20220502113320_IMG_5218.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:31:30 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220502113430_IMG_5223.JPG
20220502113213_IMG_5216.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:32:26 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
20220502113828_IMG_5231.JPG
20220502113237_IMG_5217.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:43:11 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220502113812_IMG_5230.JPG
20220502113359_IMG_5221.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:46:54 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images

On Mon, 6 Jun 2022, 11:14 am Sam Kuzhalanattu, <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sharing more images
20220502122906_IMG_5265.JPG
20220502114012_IMG_5235.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:49:13 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220502113957_IMG_5234.JPG
20220502113337_IMG_5219.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:56:38 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Tuber diameter upto 20cm rough bark.  Sharing more images
20220502113417_IMG_5222.JPG
20220502113523_IMG_5224.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 1:58:12 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220502122802_IMG_5263.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 2:00:53 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220502113914_IMG_5233.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 2:05:08 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220502121740_IMG_5236.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 6, 2022, 2:14:49 AM6/6/22
to efloraindia, Sameer Kasaju, J.M. Garg
Please check Stephania glabra (Roxb.) Miers ! Does this sp. have distribution in Kerala ?
Otherwise it may be some other Stephania !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 6, 2022, 2:21:31 AM6/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220502113346_IMG_5220.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 6, 2022, 9:00:35 PM6/6/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Saroj ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 7, 2022, 12:02:05 AM6/7/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Yes, it is Stephania sp., dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant.  I don't know it is S. glabra. Here it is very rare, but some growing only in misty hill places, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 7, 2022, 2:03:51 AM6/7/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jun 23, 2022, 2:13:30 AM6/23/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
To me looks different from images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/31/stephania/

I think it appears close to Stephania wightii as per POWO specimen, GBIF, Kerala Plants, FRLHT
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 23, 2022, 4:25:08 AM6/23/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Yes, it is Stephania wightii, dear Garg ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.