SK 3686 05 February 2023 - Araliaceae- 2

J.M. Garg

Feb 17, 2023, 12:34:15 PM2/17/23
to efloraofindia
Location: Jalthal, Jhapa, East Nepal
Date: 03 January 2023
Elevation: 110 m.
Habitat: Wild
Brassaiopsis hainla (Buch.-Ham.) Seem.?? But there is no record below 800m.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju
(Separating two different plants at SK 3686 05 February 2023 – Araliaceae)
DSC02214 rs.JPG
DSC02217 rs.JPG
DSC02213 rs.JPG
DSC02216 rs.JPG
DSC02212 rs.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 17, 2023, 12:38:37 PM2/17/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
On further checking, I find that these appear similar to other 7 images at SK 3686 05 February 2023 – Araliaceae
Thus the id is correct as Brassaiopsis hainla (Buch.-Ham.) Seem.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 17, 2023, 1:17:21 PM2/17/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Remko Beuving

Feb 17, 2023, 4:00:52 PM2/17/23
to eFloraofIndia
Due to the thick leathery leaf, I would go for Trevesia rather than Brassaiopsis to be honest.
Also, B. hainla is usually not that deeply cut as far as I know.
Kind regards,
     Remko Beuving.

J.M. Garg

Feb 18, 2023, 12:09:32 AM2/18/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, griphuz, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Remko ji.
The only species reported in Checklist of Nepal is Trevesia palmata (Roxb. ex Lindl.) Vis., from which it looks quite different.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 19, 2023, 7:42:51 PM2/19/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, griphuz, Saroj Kasaju
Maybe Trevesia palmata (Roxb. ex Lindl.) Vis. as per
https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/gallery?taxon_key=3037328
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg