[efloraofindia:33570] Yellow Bracket fungus

raghu ananth

Apr 30, 2010, 7:12:08 AM4/30/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yellow Bracket fungus

On a dead tree bark, forest floor,

size ~ 15 cms, projecting from a fallen dead tree trunk, humid weather,

Top Slip, Anaimalai,
Western ghats, Tamil nadu
06Dec2009

Regards
Raghu

DSC_7030a1.jpg
DSC_7030a2.jpg

Satish Chile

Apr 30, 2010, 7:22:32 AM4/30/10
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
This is Phellinus igniarius. It causes rot on living trees also.
Satish
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

tanay bose

Apr 30, 2010, 8:47:15 AM4/30/10
to Satish Chile, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Satish ji,
Phellinus igniarius has a Fomes like lumpy look and never so flat and in-curved please check from the link below
  1. http://www.commanster.eu/commanster/Mushrooms/Basidio/SuBasidio/Phellinus.igniarius.jpg
  2. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Fomes_fomentarius_dark_2009_G1.jpg
I think this fungi is Hexagonia tenuis because of its zonate, yellow and slightly depressed basidiocap.

Regards
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Satish Chile

Apr 30, 2010, 9:06:09 AM4/30/10
to tanay bose, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes ur right tanay ji this is not Phellinus  igniarius . But to conform it as Hexagonia tenuis let us first see the pores. I agree with u upper surface of basidiocarp matches with Hexagonia tenuis.
Satish

tanay bose

Apr 30, 2010, 10:26:54 AM4/30/10
to Satish Chile, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Satish ji if Raghu Ji can kindly provide the photos of the pores the problem will be solved !!!!
Tanay

raghu ananth

Apr 30, 2010, 10:57:05 AM4/30/10
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thats all the information I had.

I would repeat Vijayshankarji 's words "That's enough for now"..

Thanks a lot ! Will do better next time.

Regards

Raghu