SK1534 24 Oct 2018

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 24, 2018, 5:03:16 AM10/24/18
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg
Dear Members

Location:  Shivapuri National Park,Nepal
Date: 25 August 2018
Elevation: 5800 ft.
Habit : Wild

Which Epilobium ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
_DSC0004.JPG
20180825_110444 - Copy.jpg
20180825_110306.jpg
20180825_110425.jpg
20180825_110436.jpg
20180825_110449.jpg
20180825_110454.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 25, 2018, 12:46:30 AM10/25/18
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Nov 9, 2018, 1:17:48 AM11/9/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
May be Epilobium parviflorum Schreb. as per Ashwini ji's post.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

_DSC0004.JPG
20180825_110444 - Copy.jpg
20180825_110306.jpg
20180825_110425.jpg
20180825_110436.jpg
20180825_110449.jpg
20180825_110454.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 9, 2018, 11:54:37 AM11/9/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Thank you Mr. Garg.

It could be but I could not confirm !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 1, 2021, 12:50:55 AM12/1/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Looks different from Epilobium parviflorum as per FoC illustration and Flora of China description (Leaves subsessile or lower ones with petioles 1-3 mm; cauline blade lanceolate-elliptic to narrowly lanceolate or oblong-lanceolate, 3-12 × 0.5-2.5 cm, both surfaces villous, base usually rounded, margin denticulate with 15-60 teeth per side, apex subacute).
Pl. post high res. images to check further.

Pl. post high res. images to check further.
What are the species reported from the area?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 5, 2021, 2:06:45 AM12/5/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
These are the only images I have of Mr. Garg ! By the way there is no
special listing for this area. However, one sp. as per the attachment has
got mentioned in the book Fora of Kathmandu Valley !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 12.49.34.png

J.M. Garg

Dec 5, 2021, 4:29:08 AM12/5/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Looks different from E.cylindericum as per GBIF specimens.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 5, 2021, 4:30:51 AM12/5/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
What are the species expected at this elevation?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 5, 2021, 5:02:12 AM12/5/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
That we can check at eflora Nepal.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2021, 10:40:17 AM12/16/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Better to keep it as Epilobium amurense Hausskn.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg