Orchids for ID_I

1 view

raju das

Oct 9, 2010, 11:53:24 AM10/9/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Please help this epiphytic orchid.Photographed near Indo-Bhutan part of Assam.

Raju Das
Research Fellow
Nature's Foster

4b.jpg
4c.jpg
4a.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 9, 2010, 4:24:45 PM10/9/10
to raju das, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raju
Thanks a lot for sharing this picture. I am looking at it for the
first time in my life.
This should be Robiquetia

Two species of this are found in Eastern Himalaya in India.

SEPALS SHORTER THAN THE SPUR, SPUR FUNNEL SHAPED, DILATED, COMPRESSED
AND 3-NOTCHED AT THE APEX
.......................Robiquetia spathulata (Blume) J.J.Sm., Natuurw.
Tijdschr. Ned.-Indië 72: 114 (1912)
SEPALS LONGER THAN THE SPUR, SPUR BOTTLE SHAPED WITH CONSTRICTED NECK,
GLOBOSE AND DIDYMOUS APEX
.........................Robiquetia succisa (Lindl.) Seidenf. & Garay,
Bot. Tidsskr. 67: 119 (1972).

I cannot see the spur properly in any of the flowers!!

HUGE THANKS
I dont know when I will get a chance to go to North East India....:(

Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology