Plants of Uttarakhand - NSD 1- Strobilanthes glutinosus for validation

Nayan Singh

Dec 1, 2022, 1:42:10 AM12/1/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi group members this plant is from Chamoli, Uttarakhand. Pic taken on 25/11/2022.

I think this is Strobilanthes glutinosus but not very sure please validate.

Thanks and regards

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Retd. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal India.

Strobilanthes glutinosus 1.JPG
Strobilanthes glutinosus 2.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 1, 2022, 2:07:06 AM12/1/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nayan Singh, J.M. Garg
Please compare with this : https://groups.google.com/g/indiantreepix/c/9DWfnK6os5g/m/ROK-N8CJAwAJ
Thank you Nayan Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

Nayan Singh

Nayan Singh

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 3, 2022, 6:10:27 AM12/3/22
to Nayan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg

Nayan Singh

Dec 3, 2022, 7:38:00 AM12/3/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
It looks like Strobilanthes capitata. Pleae Check.

Thanks & Regards

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Retd. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal India.

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 3, 2022, 12:33:37 PM12/3/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nayan Singh, J.M. Garg
Yes, it looks close. I hope there will be some comments from Dr. Wood !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 7, 2022, 5:01:48 AM12/7/22
to efloraofindia, Nayan Singh, Saroj Kasaju

I think it looks different from both S.glutinosus as well as from S.capitata.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Strobilanthes glutinosus 1.JPG
Strobilanthes glutinosus 2.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 9, 2022, 2:48:43 AM12/9/22
to John Wood, efloraofindia, Nayan Singh, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Dr. Wood.

On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 at 22:55, John Wood <jri...@hotmail.com> wrote:
THis is neither Strobilanthes capitata nor S. glutinosa. I think it may be Stribilanthes angustifrond=s C.B. Clarke which is a poorly known species. Do you have other photos?
John Wood

Dec 12, 2022, 12:47:03 AM12/12/22
to John Wood, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot Dr Wood, Garg ji and Saroj ji.
This plant was abundant & full flowering bloom in the area. I am attaching some more pics.

Thanks again.

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Retd. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal India.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 12, 2022, 6:41:11 AM12/12/22
to John Wood, Nayan Singh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Dr. Wood.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Mon, 12 Dec, 2022, 4:07 pm John Wood, <jri...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Dear Nayan

Thanks for these. I think these are first good photos of Strobilanthes angustifrons which I have seen.

Regards

John Wood