tamarisk for id mm1 25 06 2011

Mohina Macker

Jun 25, 2011, 2:38:51 AM6/25/11
to efloraofindia
These photographs were taken in july 2008 during a trip to ladakh.
this was growing on the banks of river Indus
Would really appreciate an id
regards
mohina macker

amit chauhan

Jun 25, 2011, 2:45:17 AM6/25/11
to Mohina Macker, efloraofindia
Where is the photo ?

regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

Mohina Macker

Jun 25, 2011, 2:46:27 AM6/25/11
to efloraofindia
this time with the photograph
mohina
IMG_0432 ba.jpg

Rohit Patel

Jun 25, 2011, 2:51:39 AM6/25/11
to Mohina Macker, efloraofindia
Tamarix sp. ?????

rohit

amit chauhan

Jun 25, 2011, 2:54:09 AM6/25/11
to Mohina Macker, efloraofindia
Hi,

Myricaria germanica (L.) Desv. subsp. alopecuroides (Schrenk) Kitam

regards

On 6/25/11, Mohina Macker <mohina...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this time with the photograph
> mohina

KANNAN

Jun 24, 2012, 12:40:12 PM6/24/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes near the Indus river bridge, I had seen this plant on last year.
Regards

J.M. Garg

Nov 5, 2020, 1:48:03 AM11/5/20
to efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, amit chauhan, Rohit Patel, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale
Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please, in view of discussions in another post at Myricaria bracteata Royle from Kashmir for validation-GS31102020-2

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Tamarix sp. ?????  - from Rohit ji

Myricaria germanica (L.) Desv. subsp. alopecuroides (Schrenk) Kitam - from Amit ji

Yes near the Indus river bridge, I had seen this plant on last year. - from Kannan ji

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 5, 2020, 2:18:28 AM11/5/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, amit chauhan, Rohit Patel, Prashant awale
Can't be Myricaria whose plants are mostly small shrubs mostly less than 2 m tall
Some Tamarix species I hope.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 5, 2020, 3:23:11 AM11/5/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, amit chauhan, Rohit Patel, Prashant awale
Looks very close to Tamarix ramosissima

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

Mohina Macker

Nov 5, 2020, 11:43:43 AM11/5/20
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Rohit Patel, Prashant awale
Gurcharan ji,
Thank you for this possible id

Sent from my iPad

J.M. Garg

Nov 5, 2020, 8:57:58 PM11/5/20
to efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, GurcharanSingh
Thanks a lot, Basant ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Nov 5, 2020, 10:00:39 PM11/5/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Thank you Basant ji

Sent from my iPad

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 5, 2020, 10:38:50 PM11/5/20
to Mohina Macker, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Myricaria squamosa won't grow taller than 2 m, also lateral inflorescences are much shorter

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

J.M. Garg

Nov 6, 2020, 10:58:37 AM11/6/20
to Gurcharan Singh, Mohina Macker, efloraofindia
Hi, Mohina ji,
May I request you to post high resolution images to check the details.
Thanks a lot, Singh ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2020, 3:24:52 AM11/8/20
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, amit chauhan, Rohit Patel, Prashant awale
Thanks, Singh ji.
But neither POWO nor Catalogue of Life give any distibution of Tamarix ramosissima Ledeb. in India (also in BSI Flora of India as per details at Tamarix‎)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2020, 3:27:11 AM11/8/20
to efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Basant ji.
But neither POWO nor Catalogue of Life give any distibution of Tamarix gallica L. in India (also in BSI Flora of India as per details at Tamarix‎)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Nov 13, 2020, 6:57:13 AM11/13/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Dear Gurcharan ji, Garg ji, Basant ji

many thanks for resurrecting this plant

it was photographed in August 2008
unfortunately I have only this photograph
I am attaching a larger resolution image
and hope that it is useful

regards
mohina

aa.jpg
b.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2020, 7:22:28 AM11/14/20
to efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Mohina ji.
Taking it as Tamarix ramosissima as per discussions at Tamarix ramosissima in FOI

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mohina Macker

Nov 14, 2020, 10:19:00 AM11/14/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Thank you Garg Ji

Sent from my iPad

On 14-Nov-2020, at 17:51, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

<aa.jpg>