Flora of Uttarakhand- Herb78 for Id- JM

J.M. Garg

Nov 29, 2010, 7:48:07 AM11/29/10
to efloraofindia

Wild Herb captured on 13/8/10 during the trek from Ghangaria (around 11,000 ft.) to Hemkunt Sahib (around 14000 ft.).

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Herb78 I2 IMG_4196.jpg
Herb78 I IMG_4196.jpg
Herb78 I IMG_4200.jpg
Herb78 I IMG_4199.jpg

Prashant awale

Nov 29, 2010, 10:53:49 AM11/29/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
This is Nepeta sp. for sure (Family: Lamiaceae).
regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 29, 2010, 11:36:06 AM11/29/10
to Prashant awale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Prashant ji
It is Nepeta glutinosa which produces pinkish as well as white flowers.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 29, 2010, 12:24:23 PM11/29/10
to Prashant awale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Nepeta glutinosa Benth., Labiat. Gen. Spec.: 735 (1835).

Syn:
Glechoma glutinosa (Benth.) Kuntze, Revis. Gen. Pl. 2: 518 (1891).
Nepeta badamdarica Lipsky, Trudy Imp. S.-Peterburgsk. Bot. Sada 26: 574 (1910).

Most likely to be type: Himalaya, Jacquemont, V. 1713, K; isotype P.

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

TYPE NEPETA GLUTINOSA.jpg

tanay bose

Nov 29, 2010, 1:02:45 PM11/29/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Prashant awale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks for the ID Sir Ji a new plant for me
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

JM Garg

Sep 17, 2017, 5:40:41 AM9/17/17
to efloraofindia
I think it will be Nepeta govaniana (Wall. ex Benth.) Benth. as per images herein.
Herb78 I2 IMG_4196.jpg
Herb78 I IMG_4196.jpg
Herb78 I IMG_4200.jpg
Herb78 I IMG_4199.jpg