A basic question

Shakir Ahmad

Dec 21, 2022, 4:04:09 AM12/21/22
to efloraofindia
Good afternoon.... I have s question.....
Is it necessary to write synonym of any plant specimen in italics too like we write Accepted name in italics

Jaydip Gadhiya

Dec 21, 2022, 5:44:26 AM12/21/22
to efloraofindia
Yes sir 😊

Thanks & Regards
Jaydip Gadhiya 🌿

On Wed, 21 Dec, 2022, 14:34 Shakir Ahmad, <saadiks...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good afternoon.... I have s question.....
Is it necessary to write synonym of any plant specimen in italics too like we write Accepted name in italics

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2022, 10:00:26 AM12/21/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, saadiks...@gmail.com, Jaydip Gadhiya

On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 at 14:34, Shakir Ahmad <saadiks...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good afternoon.... I have s question.....
Is it necessary to write synonym of any plant specimen in italics too like we write Accepted name in italics

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Shakir Ahmad

Dec 21, 2022, 10:41:25 AM12/21/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Jaydip Gadhiya
Thank you Sir.

taffa...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2022, 1:54:07 AM12/22/22
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Garg ji,
Thanks  for the very useful link but if the reason that genus and species names are  italicized is that they do not belong to the English language then the family names or order names e.g. Asterales should also be italicized as they too are Latin words. Perhaps best to take it as an internationally accepted convention rather than search for a grammatical basis for the same.
With sincere regards
Taffazull

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 24, 2022, 9:21:45 PM12/24/22
to eFloraofIndia
Yes Taffazul ji, we follow the rules set by ICN

taffa...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2022, 11:08:30 PM12/24/22
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Gurcharan ji,
Thanks
It puts all speculation to rest.
As scientists we follow international conventions be it Physìcs or Chemistry orBotany or any other discipline.
With sincere regards
Taffazull