110 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 1, 2021, 10:30:00 AM8/1/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Flower date: 22.07.2021, 01.40pm

Altitude: 1400fsl

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: under shrub, erect, branches, hard old stem, purpled young stem, perennial

Height: 02 meters

Leaves: alternate, pinnate, leaflets opposite, ovate, size:3×1.7cm or less, bitter taste, bluish green coloured

Flower: inflorescence, size:2.5×2×2mm, pink, non fragrant

Fruit: round beans green into brown, size:2.5×0.3cm, edible

Seed: black 5-6 nos., pea shaped, size:2×1.7mm, edible

Camera: Samsung Galaxy A21s

110 Identify wild plant
20210722_133636.jpg
20210722_133837.jpg
20210722_133821.jpg
20210722_134421.jpg
20210722_134955.jpg
20210722_134256.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 1, 2021, 10:34:05 AM8/1/21
to efloraofindia
Indigofera,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 08/01/21, 08:03:23 PM

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 1, 2021, 11:14:35 AM8/1/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images

On Sun, 1 Aug 2021, 8:04 pm Sam Kuzhalanattu, <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sharing more images
20210722_134351.jpg
20210722_134359.jpg
20210722_134622.jpg
20210722_135206.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 1, 2021, 11:29:39 AM8/1/21
to efloraofindia
Yes, it is close to Indigofera tinctoria dear Paradesi.  Thank you very much for ID my plant, kind regards, Sam.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 1, 2021, 11:26:29 PM8/1/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome Sam JI,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 08/02/21, 08:55:34 AM

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 2, 2021, 12:44:55 AM8/2/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210723_155606.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 2, 2021, 2:38:07 AM8/2/21
to efloraindia
I guess you are right Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 10:29 AM Sam Kuzhalanattu <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sharing more images

On Sun, 1 Aug 2021, 7:58 pm Sam Kuzhalanattu, <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Flower date: 22.07.2021, 01.40pm

Altitude: 1400fsl

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: under shrub, erect, branches, hard old stem, purpled young stem, perennial

Height: 02 meters

Leaves: alternate, pinnate, leaflets opposite, ovate, size:3×1.7cm or less, bitter taste, bluish green coloured

Flower: inflorescence, size:2.5×2×2mm, pink, non fragrant

Fruit: round beans green into brown, size:2.5×0.3cm, edible

Seed: black 5-6 nos., pea shaped, size:2×1.7mm, edible

Camera: Samsung Galaxy A21s

Kishan Prajapati

Aug 2, 2021, 3:09:22 AM8/2/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, You are right Sam ji. I have seen this plant on hedges abundantly . At maturity the pods are dark brown in colour. Here attaching two photographs of the specieman.

With regards,
Kishan Prajapati
Vande Vasundhara Research Laboratory
Kachchh-Gujarat.