Convolvulaceae Week: Xenostegia tridentata from Chennai

greenearth

Mar 16, 2012, 2:03:48 PM3/16/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Xenosegia.t   from Chennai,  Flowering  April., at link below

All leaves have the hastate base,  The majority of leaves in this specimen  also have a peculiar jagged apex.
 which i did not see in other images, except perhaps in thos of Rathnasabahapathihttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1RtZ26BtB3yChfLtlohazpFqxhZM_t6ioVPf4ZLdAOIA/edit-ji.

Or Is it the very dry and rocky habitat which brought that about ?

The second image of the Seeds  is,  in my records  from same plant, but this requires validation.
regards
A.Sinha

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RtZ26BtB3yChfLtlohazpFqxhZM_t6ioVPf4ZLdAOIA/edit

greenearth

Mar 16, 2012, 2:10:30 PM3/16/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Please excuse the garbled link insertion into previous msg same topic.  It should read like thi:

Xenostegia.t   from Chennai,  Flowering  April., at link below

All leaves have the hastate base,  The majority of leaves in this specimen  also have a peculiar jagged apex.
 which i did not see in other images, except perhaps in thos of Rathnasabahapath-ji

Or Is it the very dry and rocky habitat which brought that about ?

The second image of the Seeds  is,  in my records  from same plant, but this requires validation.
regards
A.Sinha

IMAGES AT:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RtZ26BtB3yChfLtlohazpFqxhZM_t6ioVPf4ZLdAOIA/edit

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Mar 16, 2012, 4:57:54 PM3/16/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The seeds look like a match for what I have in my collection for Xenostegia tridentata from several continents.

regards,

Ron

 which i did not see in other images, except perhaps in thos of Rathnasabahapathihttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1RtZ26BtB3yChfLtlohazpFqxhZM_t6ioVPf4ZLdAOIA/edit-ji - tracked.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RtZ26BtB3yChfLtlohazpFqxhZM_t6ioVPf4ZLdAOIA/edit - tracked