Senegalia Species for ID : Nasik : 13JUN22 : AK - 10

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 13, 2022, 11:10:14 AM6/13/22
to efloraofindia
Senegalia Species seen growing wild in Nasik in the first week of June.
For Species id please.
Aarti
P1470626.JPG
P1470630.JPG
P1470628.JPG
P1470627.JPG

Satish Phadke

Jun 13, 2022, 12:28:40 PM6/13/22
to indiantreepix
I will go with Acacia catechu.
(Senegalia catechu)
Dr Satish Phadke

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 13, 2022, 1:50:44 PM6/13/22
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke
Thanks a lot Satish Ji.
So nice to interact with you after such a long time.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eFloraofIndia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CACdsMoqAbU_ZGMqzgr1-f-n96%3D2xTooUYB_VxXvSJY328JtWpA%40mail.gmail.com.

Suneel Sharma

Jun 13, 2022, 9:53:54 PM6/13/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
It is Acacia catechu...Katha tree.

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 13, 2022, 10:47:18 PM6/13/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks Suneel Ji.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eFloraofIndia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CABJvi2zZ7HwQNS5Yr-8GB8m64qoj1xWwwju7wsQJViv3nyJoBw%40mail.gmail.com.

Anil Bhuktar

Jun 15, 2022, 10:52:42 AM6/15/22
to efloraofindia
I think it looks like a Acacia chundhra.
Dr. Anil S. Bhuktar
Professor & Head,
Department of Botany,
Vivekanand Arts Sardar Dalipsingh Commerce & Science College,
Samarth Nagar, Aurangabad,
Maharashtra, India.
Mob: 9423150037

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 15, 2022, 11:39:56 AM6/15/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks Anil Ji.
Hope to get the correct Species validated.
Regards
Aarti.

Satish Phadke

Jun 20, 2022, 10:44:27 AM6/20/22
to indiantreepix
Anil ji
Can we have differences between Acacia catechu and Acacia chundra? I do remember observing both but just to improve our knowledge.
Dr Satish Phadke

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2022, 7:50:14 AM6/27/22
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Dr Anil S. Bhuktar, Satish Phadke, Suneel Sharma
HI, Aarti ji,
Pl. post high res. images to determine the species.
I am very much sure that Senegalia catechuSenegalia polyacantha as well as Senegalia chundra are distinct species.
The calyx of S. catechu and S. polyacantha are hairy (sometimes sparsely hairy in S. polyacantha); while calyx is completely glabrous in S. chundra
Bark of S. catechu and S. chundra is very similar. Grey white when immature while dark brown to black, fissured when matureS. polyacantha bark is white, papery, peeling out and armed with several, individual, prickles even on the main trunk (probably the name is because of this feature: poly-a-cantha). Leaves of S. polyacantha are larger than other two species. Prickles in S. polyacantha are yellowish brown, recurved or straight, and about 0.5-1.0 cm long, while prickles in other two species are brown to black, mostly recurved and about 0.3 cm long.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 27, 2022, 11:35:22 AM6/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr Anil S. Bhuktar, Satish Phadke, Suneel Sharma
Garg Ji,
Adding one by one.

P1470626.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 27, 2022, 11:37:11 AM6/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr Anil S. Bhuktar, Satish Phadke, Suneel Sharma
Second
P1470627.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 27, 2022, 11:37:59 AM6/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr Anil S. Bhuktar, Satish Phadke, Suneel Sharma
Third
P1470628.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2022, 5:41:51 AM7/3/22
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Dr Anil S. Bhuktar, Satish Phadke, Suneel Sharma
As the calyx looks hairy, I take it as Acacia catechu, as per keys given earlier.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 3, 2022, 10:25:56 AM7/3/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr Anil S. Bhuktar, Satish Phadke, Suneel Sharma
Thanks a lot Garg Ji.
Regards,
Aarti