Allamanda violacea from Delhi

singhg .

Sep 21, 2009, 9:10:04 PM9/21/09
to indiantreepix, Tabish, flowers...@gmail.com

Sending Pictures of Allamanda violacea Gardener & Fielding which is a distinct from A. blanchetii A. DC. as per GRIN taxonomy page. The plant on the websites Indiantreepix and FlowersOfIndia is A. blanchetii. I am sending A. violacea for comparison and incorporation.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Tabish

Sep 22, 2009, 2:39:22 AM9/22/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Gurcharan ji,
As I had mentioned in an earlier thread, Allamanda violacea
Gardener & Fielding is treated as a synonym of A. blanchetii, as per
the Kew World Checklist. GRIN probably haven't updated their database
for this species.
So, I feel the two are the same plant.
- Tabish