Aeginetia indica

tanay bose

Mar 10, 2010, 11:32:11 AM3/10/10
to efloraofindia

Plant Name: Aeginetia indica L.

Family: Orobanchaceae

Date/Time- November 2008

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Panchmari Reserve Forest, Panchmari (Madhya Pradesh)

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Herbaceous.

Height/Length- 10-30 meters

Plants 15-40(-50) cm tall. Root slightly fleshy, with small branches. Stems unbranched or branched from near base. Leaves red, ovate-lanceolate or lanceolate, 5-10 X 3-4 mm, glabrous. Flowers usually solitary. Pedicel usually erect, 10-30(-40) cm, ca. 3 mm in diam. Calyx apex acute or acuminate. Corolla purple-red striate, indistinctly bilabiate, tubular-campanulate, 2-4.5 cm; tube slightly curved; lobes subentire. Filaments purple, 7-9 mm, glabrous; anthers yellow. Ovary 1-locular; parietal placentas 4. Style 1-1.5 cm; stigma pale yellow. Capsule conical, or long ovoid-globose, 2-3 cm. Seeds yellow, ellipsoid, ca. 0.04 mm. Fl. Apr-Aug, fr. Aug-Oct. 2n = 30.

The roots and flowers are used medicinally for clearing away heat and toxic materials

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Aeginetia indica.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Mar 11, 2010, 9:12:49 PM3/11/10
to efloraofindia
I doubt if this plant is A. indica though it is Aeginetia no doubt.
Differences are peduncles hairy (glabrous), calyx lobed (spatheceus),
corolla white and yellow (purple) smaller and distinctly lobed. Please
reconfirm. Rgds, Shrikant

On Mar 10, 9:32 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Plant Name: Aeginetia indica L.*
>
> *Family:** **Orobanchaceae***
>
> *Date/Time- November 2008*
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Panchmari Reserve Forest, Panchmari (Madhya
> Pradesh) *
>
> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild*
>
> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-** **Herbaceous.***
>
> *Height/Length- 10-30 meters*

> Plants 15-40(-50) cm tall. Root slightly fleshy, with small branches. Stems
> unbranched or branched from near base. Leaves red, ovate-lanceolate or
> lanceolate, 5-10 X 3-4 mm, glabrous. Flowers usually solitary. Pedicel
> usually erect, 10-30(-40) cm, ca. 3 mm in diam. Calyx apex acute or
> acuminate. Corolla purple-red striate, indistinctly bilabiate,
> tubular-campanulate, 2-4.5 cm; tube slightly curved; lobes subentire.
> Filaments purple, 7-9 mm, glabrous; anthers yellow. Ovary 1-locular;
> parietal placentas 4. Style 1-1.5 cm; stigma pale yellow. Capsule conical,
> or long ovoid-globose, 2-3 cm. Seeds yellow, ellipsoid, ca. 0.04 mm. Fl.

> Apr-Aug, fr. Aug-Oct. 2*n* = 30.

> The roots and flowers are used medicinally for clearing away heat and toxic
> materials
>
> --
> Tanay Bose
> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> 9830439691(Mobile)
> 9674221362 (Mobile)
>

>  Aeginetia indica.jpg
> 447KViewDownload

tanay bose

Mar 11, 2010, 11:43:49 PM3/11/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Dear Shrikant Ji,
Please provide me with an alternanative specific epithet of the plant .

Regards
Tanay

Pravir Deshmukh

Mar 12, 2010, 12:48:47 AM3/12/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia
Here some more photo of Aeginetia indica.
Recorded from West Kameng Dist of Arunachal Pradesh in Month of September 2009.

--
Pravir Deshmukh
09717611977

tanay bose

Mar 12, 2010, 2:37:02 AM3/12/10
to Pravir Deshmukh, efloraofindia
Dear Pravir Ji,
Thank you For the Pictures
Regards
Tanay

R. Vijayasankar

Mar 12, 2010, 12:26:35 PM3/12/10
to tanay bose, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Another possibility is Aeginetia pedunculata!
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
National Center for Natural Products Research,
The University of Mississippi,
Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

tanay bose

Mar 12, 2010, 1:31:08 PM3/12/10
to R. Vijayasankar, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thankyou Vijayasankar ji,
i am searching for it.
regards
tanay

Vijayadas D

Mar 13, 2010, 7:48:31 AM3/13/10
to Pravir Deshmukh, tanay bose, efloraofindia
 whether it is a parasitic plant ?

VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy
Electro Saudi Services Ltd
Salwa Garden Village
Riyadh-11462,PBNO-7210
KSA
vijayadas.wetpaint.com

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

J.M. Garg

Mar 29, 2010, 1:40:11 AM3/29/10
to efloraofindia, Vijayadas D, Pravir, tanay bose

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

"whether it is a parasitic plant ?" from Vijayadas ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Aeginetia indica (1).JPG
Aeginetia indica (2).JPG
Aeginetia indica.JPG

Pravir Deshmukh

Mar 29, 2010, 2:23:35 AM3/29/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Vijayadas D, tanay bose
Aeginetia indica is parasitic on grasses and occurs mainly in grassland, but sometimes also in forest.

--
Pravir Deshmukh
09717611977

Dinesh Valke

Mar 29, 2010, 2:28:34 AM3/29/10
to Pravir Deshmukh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Vijayadas D, tanay bose
... in Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary and Sanjay Gandhi National Park, have sighted these plants on damp forest floor, and usually in shade of shrubs and trees.
Regards.

--
Pravir Deshmukh
09717611977

J.M. Garg

Apr 29, 2010, 4:37:53 AM4/29/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I doubt if this plant is A. indica though it is Aeginetia no doubt.

Differences are peduncles hairy (glabrous), calyx lobed (spatheceus),
corolla white and yellow (purple) smaller and distinctly lobed. Please

reconfirm. Rgds, Shrikant”

“Another possibility is Aeginetia pedunculata!” from Vijayasankar ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Aeginetia indica.jpg

Pardeshi S.

Apr 29, 2010, 11:27:48 AM4/29/10
to efloraofindia
This plant has already appearedin teh this forumearlier..dnt know if
it was identified earlier....
Regards

JM Garg

Nov 1, 2015, 10:55:00 AM11/1/15