Request for ID – 010810SC3

shobha chavda

Aug 1, 2010, 7:08:06 AM8/1/10
to indiantreepix

Request for ID –  010810SC3

Can anyone help me in identifying this flower?

Date / Time – 29th July. 2010 / 11.00 pm.

Location – Place /Altitude / GPS – Ambazari Lake,Nagpur .

Habitat – Garden/ Urban/ Wild / Type – Wild

Plant Habit – Tree/Shrub / Climber /Herb – Herb

Height /Length –  2-3ft

Leaves Type / Shape / Size –

Inflorescence Type /Size –

Flowers Size /Colour /Calyx –Creamish

Fruits Type /Shape /Size / Seeds –

Other Information like Fragrance,Pollinator,Uses etc –

Regards,

Shobha

Copy of Nagpur 054.jpg

mani nair

Aug 1, 2010, 7:23:39 AM8/1/10
to shobha chavda, indiantreepix
I think it is Snake Jasmine - Botanical name Rhinacanthus nasutus    Family: Acanthaceae

Regards,

Mani.

ajinkya gadave

Aug 1, 2010, 7:26:19 AM8/1/10
to shobha chavda, indiantreepix
i think this is species of Pachystachys
not sure .

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 1, 2010, 8:04:26 AM8/1/10
to ajinkya gadave, shobha chavda, indiantreepix
Not Pachystachys I suppose. Rhinacanthus seems to be the likely choice, ligule like upper lip and 3-lobed lower lip is distinctive.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Prashant awale

Aug 1, 2010, 8:21:54 AM8/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, ajinkya gadave, shobha chavda, indiantreepix
I think this is Ecbolium sp. may be  (Ecbolium ligustrinum)    Family: Acanthaceae.
regards
Prashant

Smilax004

Aug 1, 2010, 8:25:35 AM8/1/10
to efloraofindia

It is Ecbolium ligustrinum (Acanthaceae)

Regards,
Giby

On Aug 1, 5:21 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is* **Ecbolium sp*. may be  (Ecbolium ligustrinum)    Family:
> Acanthaceae.
> regards
> Prashant
>

> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Not Pachystachys I suppose. Rhinacanthus seems to be the likely choice,
> > ligule like upper lip and 3-lobed lower lip is distinctive.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/<http://people.du.ac.in/%7Esinghg45/>

tanay bose

Aug 1, 2010, 8:53:15 AM8/1/10
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Ecbolium ligustrinum is the choice from me
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 1, 2010, 9:04:46 AM8/1/10
to tanay bose, Smilax004, efloraofindia
It is amazing to see the speed with which the identity of the plants gets resolved in our group. Great feeling.