Kalatope id al260911a

Alok Mahendroo

Sep 26, 2011, 12:27:24 PM9/26/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

A beautiful flower, for which I have been waiting since last year
(because my photos were not too good earlier)

Location Kalatope, Chamba
Altitude 2100 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild
Height 30 inches
season Sept-Oct

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

091711_3619.jpg
091711_3620.jpg
091711_3621.jpg
092411_4042.jpg
092411_4046.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 12:51:15 PM9/26/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
May be Prenanthes sp., please mention plant height, number of heads in an inflorescence to conclude further.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 12:59:48 PM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Sir Agreed
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Alok Mahendroo

Sep 26, 2011, 1:27:47 PM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Did not think of counting them at that time sir... but looking at the
images there are generally about 3-4 flowers together.. the height of
the plant was as mentioned earlier about 30 inches (give or take a few
inches)
regards
Alok
092411_4043b.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 10:15:01 PM9/26/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
I can count several heads in this photograph. I think Prenanthes brunoniana now considered synonym of Lactuca brunoniana

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Sep 27, 2011, 12:06:50 AM9/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Agreed Sir

Alok Mahendroo

Sep 27, 2011, 2:33:06 AM9/27/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gurcharan ji and Balkar ji, yes I counted today 3-4 in each bunch
and each branch had 13-14 flowers ...
regards
Alok

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 27, 2011, 2:46:12 AM9/27/11
to Alok Mahendroo, Balkar Arya, indian...@googlegroups.com
Alok ji
your counting is not appropriate. The inflorescence has numerous heads on a branched axis (panicle) and each head has 3-4 flowers (florets--structures with red base and white upper part. in fact they are ray florets).

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Alok Mahendroo

Sep 27, 2011, 3:24:31 AM9/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, indian...@googlegroups.com
ooops.. sorry sir,
I think it'll take a few years before I get the hang of this...
Regards
Alok