Fwd: ID Request for a wild Tulsi like plant, 2nd ID request

Sadhna Sharma

May 20, 2009, 10:36:28 AM5/20/09
to indiantreepix
Hope this plant is identified.
Anil ji, Devendra ji, any guess?
Regs,
Sadhna Sharma
________

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sadhna Sharma <sadh...@gmail.com>
Date: May 17, 2009 12:57 PM
Subject: ID Request for a wild Tulsi like plant
To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>

It looks like a Tulsi, but somehow flower structure is different.

Kindly help me to ID this plant. Sonepat, Haryana, May 09.

Best regards,
Sadhna Sharma

140509a.ss.jpg
140509b.ss.jpg
140509c.ss.jpg
140509d.ss.jpg
140509e.ss.jpg
140509f.jpg

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 20, 2009, 11:46:17 AM5/20/09
to Sadhna Sharma, indiantreepix
Hello,
It is ocimum americanum.Local name in rajasthan Bapji.common in hilly forest.seed used as a tonic.
With Regard
Devendra Bhardwaj

--- On Wed, 20/5/09, Sadhna Sharma <sadh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Nayan Singh

May 20, 2009, 11:50:39 AM5/20/09
to Sadhna Sharma, indiantreepix
Dear,
Sadhana I think your plant is Ocimum americanum for lamiaceae family.

Thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

May 21, 2009, 11:40:19 AM5/21/09
to Sadhna Sharma, ns_dun...@yahoo.co, indiantreepix
Dear All,

Ocimum americanum syn. o. canum called 'Raan Tulas' 'रानतुळस' in Marathi.
Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568