SK 3670 14 December 2022

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 14, 2022, 9:52:17 AM12/14/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Chitwan, Nepal
Altitude : 175m.
Date: 28 january 2013
Habit : Wild

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0081.JPG
DSC_0080.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 14, 2022, 10:16:38 AM12/14/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
As fruits appear like mango, can it from Mango family?
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 14, 2022, 10:38:34 AM12/14/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia

J.M. Garg

Dec 19, 2022, 12:55:51 AM12/19/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
From your images I thought it may of Mango size, but it appears quite small as per images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/13/mallotus-nudiflorus/

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 19, 2022, 1:27:48 AM12/19/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
IS ID OK ?
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 19, 2022, 7:40:00 PM12/19/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
What was the size ?

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2022, 1:51:26 AM12/21/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2022, 6:34:33 AM12/21/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
To me appears more closer to images and details at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/31/spondias-pinnata/

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 21, 2022, 9:53:28 AM12/21/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
I have consulted with some botanists from Nepal having knowledge on tree sp.,
and all suggested for Mallotus nudiflorus (L.) Kulju & Welzen syn : Trevia nudiflora L.
(Not Trewia nudiflora Wight )

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2022, 11:02:55 AM12/21/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Posted images look similar to those you posted in Choerospondias axillaris (Roxb.) B.L. Burtt & A.W. Hill (accepted name)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 21, 2022, 11:05:47 AM12/21/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
No Mr. Garg . Not Choerospondias axillaris (Roxb.) B.L. Burtt & A.W. Hill

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2022, 11:07:27 AM12/21/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSC_0023.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 21, 2022, 11:18:24 AM12/21/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
We use this fruit daily in our cuisine. There is no confusion at all.
And it is not found in the plains and at the Chitwan National Park.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

taffa...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2022, 2:12:17 PM12/21/22
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Saroj ji,
As Mallotus belongs to Euphorbiaceae I think it can be easily recognised by the presence of three stigmas attached
to the fruit if you look for it .
Regards
Taffazull

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2022, 12:58:24 AM12/22/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, taff...@yahoo.com, J.M. Garg

Thank you Mr. Taffazull,

This is a very old collection so there is no possibility to check it. By the way, this is not Choerospondias axillaris .
What is your opinion about this as Mallotus nudiflorus since a couple of Nepali botanists ID it accordingly.

Saroj Kasaju

taffa...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2022, 1:36:48 AM12/22/22
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Saroj ji,
I was just referring to a general feature of the spurge family but I am not familiar with the flora of Nepal and indeed know very little about taxonomy to
judge old specimens. I think only someone more familiar with the flora of that region can opine on that.
With sincere regards
Taffazull

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2022, 1:50:48 AM12/22/22