Eriocaulon ??

Prashant awale

Jul 25, 2009, 11:57:39 PM7/25/09
to indiantreepix
Dear friends,

Photographed at CBD hills yesterday. Is it Eriocaulon tuberiferum??

best wishes
Prashant..
Pan gend-CBD-1.jpg
pan gend-2.jpg

ganesh

Jul 26, 2009, 1:37:18 AM7/26/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Dear Mr. Prshanth,

It is not Eriocaulaceae. It is from Cyperaceae. May be nearing the genus Cyperus.

Prashant awale

Jul 26, 2009, 2:06:16 AM7/26/09
to ganesh, indiantreepix
Thanks Ganesh. Could this be Cyperus niveus??

Dinesh Valke

Jul 26, 2009, 2:31:15 AM7/26/09
to Prashant awale, ganesh, indiantreepix
Dear Prashant, I too have a photo, a single shot only ... it looks very similar to what you have posted ... other than C. niveus, another candidate could be C. lupulinus.
Regards.
817543313_8491dfd037_b.jpg

sibdas

Jul 26, 2009, 1:07:10 PM7/26/09
to indiantreepix
Both seem to be identical. Can it be Cyperus eragrostis?

On Jul 26, 11:31 am, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Prashant, I too have a photo, a single shot only ... it looks very
> similar to what you have posted ... other than *C. niveus*, another
> candidate could be *C. lupulinus*.
> Regards.
>

> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Ganesh. Could this be *Cyperus niveus*??
>
> > On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM, ganesh <ganesh.b...@frlht.org> wrote:
>
> >>  Dear Mr. Prshanth,
>
> >> It is not Eriocaulaceae. It is from Cyperaceae. May be nearing the genus
> >> Cyperus.

Rani Bhagat

Jul 27, 2009, 1:08:58 AM7/27/09
to sibdas, indiantreepix
I think it is Kyllinga species-Cyperaceae

--
Say yes to yes and no to no
Rani Bhagat