(100409SCS1-2) Sonchus species - wild plant from Haryana

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 9, 2009, 10:53:21 PM4/9/09
to indiantreepix
Sonchus species, Sonepat, Haryana, 4th April 09.
Advance thanks for confirmation/correction please.

Its flowers look like those of Sonchus asper, though leaves look a bit different.

Regards,
Suresh C Sharma
Picture-052.jpg
Picture-053.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 11, 2009, 4:19:49 AM4/11/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Hi, Suresh ji,
Your link is not opening. Close up of parts (as given in the links) particularly of the flowers, leaves, stem etc. helps in the Id.
I think it may be Sonchus oleraceus (Common sowthistle, Sow thistle, Smooth Sow Thistle, Annual Sow Thistle, Hare's Colwort, Hare's Thistle, Milky Tassel, Swinies). See the links: http://caliban.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/~stueber/lindman/46.jpg (illustration), http://www.hear.org/starr/plants/images/species/?q=sonchus+oleraceus (lots of pictures), http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Sow%20Thistle.html (desc. from FOI).
You mau further check.

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 11, 2009, 5:46:09 AM4/11/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thank you Garg Sahib,

Regards,
Suresh
________

J.M. Garg

Mar 12, 2010, 7:44:00 AM3/12/10
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh
"To me this looks like S. arvensis. I am uploading the photographs of Sonchus arvensis" from Singh ji.

On 11 April 2009 13:49, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"