Tree for ID-230409RKI

ranjini kamath

Apr 23, 2009, 10:05:11 AM4/23/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gargji I am sending 2 pictures of this tree. Taken in Lalbagh
Botanical Gardens,Bangalore on 12th Oct. '08.I do not have pictures of
flowers or fruits but i thought the trunk is distinctive &
interesting. Do hope it can be identified.
Thank you
Ranjini Kamath
Pelicans-Hebbal 091-ph-a.jpg
Pelicans-Hebbal 094-ph.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2009, 10:31:23 AM4/23/09
to ranjini kamath, indian...@googlegroups.com
Some Ficus species like Ficus virens?

2009/4/23 ranjini kamath <ranj...@gmail.com>
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Padmini Raghavan

Apr 23, 2009, 1:33:12 PM4/23/09
to J.M. Garg, ranjini kamath, indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks like there is some strangling going on.
Padmini.

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2009, 10:04:49 PM4/23/09
to Padmini Raghavan, ranjini kamath, indian...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Padmini ji.

Nudrat

Apr 24, 2009, 7:24:36 AM4/24/09
to indiantreepix
Hello

It is a little difficult to say which leaves belong to which tree i.e
the host and the strangling ficus. Some leaves seem like those of
Ficus mysorensis.