Mesua

sibdas ghosh

Oct 26, 2008, 1:16:21 PM10/26/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Mesua ferrea with fruit
100_0571.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 27, 2008, 12:06:09 AM10/27/08
to sibdas ghosh, indian...@googlegroups.com
From Indiantreepix Database:
Mesua ferrea (Syn. M. coromandelina, M. nagassarium, M. pedunculata, M. roxburghii, M. sclerophylla, M. speciosa)   Clusiaceae Nagkesar, Nagchampa, MESUA, IRON WOOD TREE, INDIAN ROSE CHESTNUT, Ceylon ironwood, Penaga Lilin or Nahar 11/5/07- Satish ji. Mesua ferrea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Mesua ferrea photos - indiantreepix | Google Groups Mesua Ferrea,Mesua Seed,Mesua Ferrea Seed,Mesua Seed Oil,Mesua Ferrea Seed Oil,India Fwd: Fw: Mesua ferrea - indiantreepix | Google Groups

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:46 PM, sibdas ghosh <sibda...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Mesua ferrea with fruit

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Yazdy Palia

Oct 27, 2008, 7:13:59 AM10/27/08
to sibdas ghosh, indian...@googlegroups.com
I am not a botanist, and would not know the botanincal name, however,
to me it looks like a tree bearing rose apple. It is a small fruit
with a large seed inside around 2 " in diametre. The leaves and the
fruit look like it.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

sibda...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2008, 11:13:32 AM10/27/08
to indiantreepix
Yes , it is also known as Indian Rose Chestnut, fruits are edible ,
oil is obtained from seeds

On Oct 27, 4:13 pm, "Yazdy Palia" <yazdypa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not a botanist, and would not know the botanincal name, however,
> to me it looks like a tree bearing rose apple. It is a small fruit
> with a large seed inside around 2 " in diametre. The leaves and the
> fruit look like it.
> Regards
> Yazdy Palia.
>

> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:46 PM, sibdas ghosh <sibdasgh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Mesua ferrea with fruit- Hide quoted text -

Yazdy Palia

Oct 27, 2008, 1:18:31 PM10/27/08
to sibda...@gmail.com, indiantreepix
Thank you Mr. Ghosh, Indian Rose Chestnut! Thanks for the knowledge.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Oct 27, 2008, 1:40:24 PM10/27/08
to Yazdy Palia, sibda...@gmail.com, indiantreepix, bhatt...@rediffmail.com
If  I remember cirrectky Somebody told me that the tree is not original and is a cross between two trees, I now forget which ones. Probably it is grown in Pachmarhi government nursery. Am I right or completely wrong?
akbhatt

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road