[efloraofindia:32709] Camellia japonica- 20042010PKA1

Prashant awale

Apr 19, 2010, 11:22:34 PM4/19/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Came across this plant at Shillong..

Botanical name:

Camellia japonica

Family:

Theaceae

Date/Time-

13th November /01:30 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Shillong (Meghalaya) near Ward Lake

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Tree / large Shrub

Height/Length-

Approx 4 to 5 m

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

 Alternate, Shining green, glossy finish, elliptic, acute,  margin toothed, 2 to 4cm, petioles: 5 to 10mm

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Looks like Rose flower, Red colour, 5 to 7 cm,

(I had also  seen  the white coloured one which I will be posting separately)

regards
Prashant

DSC00830.JPG
DSC00827.JPG

tanay bose

Apr 20, 2010, 12:36:45 AM4/20/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Dear Prasant Ji ,
I too say this plant in Shillong near the Bidon Bishop Falls may of them was out there I really made a mistake thinking about rose but the size of the plant gave me a irk and then came to know about the name ... really a great photo from your collection . Thanks for sharing..........
Regards
Tanay