ID 220911 SB01

Skip to the first unread message

Bhatt Sweta

22-Sept-2011, 1:36:43 am22/09/11
to indiantreepix
ID request for this common, grown in flower beds, Asteraceae member
I think we had identified this in between, but i am unable to find the link of this.

Thanks,
Shweta
--
Bhatt Shweta
Doctoral Research Student,

DSCN7463.JPG
DSCN7462.JPG

prasad dash

22-Sept-2011, 1:43:59 am22/09/11
to Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
I think this is Wedelia. Possibly Wedelia trilobata.

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Madhuri Raut

22-Sept-2011, 1:59:28 am22/09/11
to prasad dash, Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
??Wedelia chinensis in Marathi Pivala Bhangra
Regards
Bhagyashri

Bhatt Sweta

22-Sept-2011, 2:00:39 am22/09/11
to Madhuri Raut, prasad dash, indiantreepix
Thanks for the identification.

Regards,
Shweta

Bhatt Sweta

22-Sept-2011, 2:01:42 am22/09/11
to Madhuri Raut, prasad dash, indiantreepix
Any confirmation regarding the species?!!

Prabhu kumar KM

22-Sept-2011, 2:03:34 am22/09/11
to Bhatt Sweta, Madhuri Raut, prasad dash, indiantreepix

Yes confirmed  Wedelia chinensis- from Asteraceae
-
Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist
Plant Systematics & Genetic Resources Division
Centre for Medicinal Plant Research (CMPR)
& 'CMPR' Herbarium
Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala
Kottakkal, Malappuram

Gurcharan Singh

22-Sept-2011, 3:54:28 am22/09/11
to Prabhu kumar KM, Bhatt Sweta, Madhuri Raut, prasad dash, indiantreepix
I think it is Wedelia trilobata and not W. chinensis

1. In W. chinensis the florets are pale yellow and not bright yellow as here
2. The leaves are never three lobed in W. chinensis, they can be seen here in few leaves
3. Leaf base is winged as seen here, not in W. chinensis

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Bhatt Sweta

22-Sept-2011, 3:59:22 am22/09/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Prabhu kumar KM, Madhuri Raut, prasad dash, indiantreepix
Thanks Sir.

Yes,

1. The florets were pretty bright and not pale at all
2. The leaves were very much lobed and ovate (and not narrow at both ends as in case of W. chinensis)
3. Leaf base does seem to be lobed, but i think for that i should have taken a better picture

Sir, many thanks for bringing this to notice.

Regards,
Shweta

Madhuri Raut

22-Sept-2011, 5:06:21 am22/09/11
to Bhatt Sweta, Gurcharan Singh, Prabhu kumar KM, prasad dash, indiantreepix
@Gurcharanji Thank you for clarification and the correction. It is good that I am learning by committing mistakes.

I want to clear my concepts and so the following questions

I am attaching the pic of my previous post which was id'd as W chinensis. In this pic the leaves did not appear distinctly trilobed.

It was possible for me to take more pics of the SAME PLANT  today

In some parts of the plant leaves look trilobed and in others single.

am I calling the correct part winged petiole?

And are these flowers pale or bright yellow?

I have labelled each pic with my queries?

If you can be kind enough to answer my qs?

Best regards
Bhagyashri
trilobed leaves.JPG
becoming trilobed.JPG
not trilobed.JPG
winged petiole.JPG
a.jpg
c.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

22-Sept-2011, 6:52:03 am22/09/11
to Madhuri Raut, Bhatt Sweta, Prabhu kumar KM, prasad dash, indiantreepix
Yes Wedelia trilobata again

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Pudji Widodo

22-Sept-2011, 2:39:58 pm22/09/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Friends,

Is the current name Sphagneticola trilobata (L.) Pruski
Synonym: Wedelia trilobata (L.) Hitchc

Regards,
Pudji Widodo
Faculty of Biology Jenderal Soedirman University
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

Tanay Bose

22-Sept-2011, 3:54:57 pm22/09/11
to Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
Yes Pudji Ji I tink plant has a bunch of synonyms
you can check out from the link below.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

hari lal

23-Sept-2011, 12:02:13 am23/09/11
to Tanay Bose, Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
Wedelia trilobata nice photo Bhatt Shweta jee
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Madhuri Raut

23-Sept-2011, 4:01:02 am23/09/11
to hari lal, Tanay Bose, Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
I was lucky to see both the plants near my home and could understand the differences better. Attaching pics showing differences in height, leaves and flowers.
Also attaching a .doc file with info on the two

Kindly correct mistakes if any
Regards
Bhagyashri
W chinensis height vs W trilobata height .JPG
w Chinensis leaves vs W trilobata leaves.JPG
W chinesis flower vs W trilobata flower.JPG

Dr Pankaj Kumar

23-Sept-2011, 5:13:29 am23/09/11
to efloraofindia
Thats a great effor Madhuri Mam!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Yes the concerned plant is Wedelia trilobata and Wedelia chinensis.
I think the information on PLANT LIST is a bit confusing as it shows
both Wedelia trilobata and Sphagneticola trilobata as accepted names.
It needs to be checked.
Regards
Pankaj

On Sep 23, 4:01 pm, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was lucky to see both the plants near my home and could understand the
> differences better. Attaching pics showing differences in height, leaves and
> flowers.
> Also attaching a .doc file with info on the two
>
> Kindly correct mistakes if any
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:32 AM, hari lal <taxo....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wedelia trilobata nice photo Bhatt Shweta jee
>
> > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 1:24 AM, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Yes Pudji Ji I tink plant has a bunch of synonyms
> >> you can check out from the link below.
> >>http://www.issg.org/database/species/ecology.asp?si=44
> >> Tanay

> >> --
> >> *Tanay Bose*
> >> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> >> Department of Botany.
> >> University of British Columbia .
> >> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> >> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> >> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> >>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
> >>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> >> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> >>  *Webpages:*
> >>http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.html
> >>http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/gradstud.html
> >>https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/
>
> > --
> > HARI SHANKAR LAL
> > AT-SHIV KUTIR
> > PO-BARA BAZAR
> > DIST-HAZARIBAG
> > PIN-825301
> > JHARKHAND,INDIA
> > MOBILE-9431530563
> > EMAIL-taxo....@gmail.com
>

>  W chinensis height vs W trilobata height .JPG
> 203KViewDownload
>
>  w Chinensis leaves vs W trilobata leaves.JPG
> 192KViewDownload
>
>  W chinesis flower vs W trilobata flower.JPG
> 114KViewDownload

Bhatt Sweta

25-Sept-2011, 11:03:26 pm25/09/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Madhuriji for given a comparitive accounts.

Regards,
Shweta
Reply to all
Reply to the author