Fruits & Vegetables Week: RVS-4

Vijayasankar

Jan 4, 2011, 10:53:31 PM1/4/11
to indiatreepix
Kamala orange (Tamil), from Sirumalai hills, Tamil Nadu.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Research Associate
Thad Cochran Research Center
University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677
Phone: +1 662 915 1018

citrus reticulata_1.JPG
citrus reticulata_2.JPG

Jency Samuel

Jan 5, 2011, 2:48:15 PM1/5/11
to indiatreepix, Vijayasankar
Mr Vijay,

Does this have any name in English other than 'loose jacket'? And what's the botanical name?

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 5, 2011, 4:07:49 PM1/5/11
to Jency Samuel, indiatreepix, Vijayasankar
Dear Samuel
Name Citrus reticulata is indicated with photographs

Unfortunately the name orange is differently applied. We call orange in India to C. reticulata, people here in USA call it as Mandarin and apply the name orange to. C. sinensis (our Malta, Mausami, etc). I will upload my photographs of Citrus once I reach India on 7th Jan.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

mani nair

Jan 6, 2011, 11:15:38 AM1/6/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Jency Samuel, indiatreepix, Vijayasankar
Vijay ji, nice photo of the oranges.

Regards,

Mani.