01/01/2022NAK Pogostemon myosuroides?

N Arun Kumar

Jan 1, 2022, 11:17:18 AM1/1/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

This Pogostemon species was seen in Sandur, Karnataka on a rocky hill top plateau, 950 m asl, october 2021. There were 3 - 4 clumps in the immediate vicinity and I did not encounter these plants anywhere else. The plants are quite striking!
Leaves were silky sericeous, opposite or whorled, and inflorecences in terminal spikes.
Am I correct in identifying it as Pogostemon myosuroides or is it something else?
Please help in clarifying the identity.

Date/Time- October 2021
Location- Sandur, Karnataka, 950 m asl
Habitat- Wild
Plant Habit- Shrub
Height/Length- 80 cm
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- simple and opposite/whorled
Inflorescence Type/ Size- terminal spikes

Happy New Year to everyone here :)

--
Regards,
Arun Kumar N