Plumeria rubra- Frangipani, Champa, Crimson Temple Tree, Red/ White/ Maxican Frangipani, Pagoda Tree, Red Jasmine Tree, Gobur Champa, Lal Gulachin

J.M. Garg

Apr 2, 2008, 6:07:16 AM4/2/08
to indiantreepix
On 23/6/07 in Kolkata. It's profusely flowering now in Kolkata. As per 'Beautiful trees & shrubs of Calcutta', flowers appear profusely from early spring to late autumn (Feb.- Oct.) with intermittent flowering in winter months. As per 'Trees of Delhi', it flowers from May to July, with another flush late in the rains.

Some inf. below from Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plumeria_rubra

Plumeria rubra is a deciduous plant belonging to the genus Plumeria.[1]

Plumeria rubra can grow to 8 meters (25 feet) tall. It has usually pink flowers, and also has varieties with white or yellow shades.[1]

One can see lot of images with different colours at http://www.hear.org/starr/hiplants/images/thumbnails/html/plumeria_rubra.htm

For details click on the link:http://hort.ufl.edu/trees/PLURUBA.pdf
--
With regards,