Request for ID – 290810SC1 Which fruit is this ?

shobha chavda

Aug 29, 2010, 8:13:20 AM8/29/10
to indiantreepix

Can anyone help me in identifying this fruit?

Date / Time – 21st Aug. 2010 / 10.40 am.

Location – Place /Altitude / GPS – Amboli,Maharashtra .

Habitat – Garden/ Urban/ Wild / Type – Wild

Plant Habit – Tree/Shrub / Climber /Herb – Tree

Height /Length –

Leaves Type / Shape / Size –

Inflorescence Type /Size –

Flowers Size /Colour /Calyx –

Fruits Type /Shape /Size / Seeds –

Other Information like Fragrance,Pollinator,Uses etc –

Regards,

Shobha

Copy of Amboli 070.jpg
Copy of Amboli 071.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Aug 29, 2010, 9:48:56 AM8/29/10
to shobha chavda, indiantreepix
Looks like Tabernaemontana heyneana.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

Aug 29, 2010, 2:55:59 PM8/29/10
to Rashida Atthar, shobha chavda, indiantreepix
Tabernaemontana heyneana is a great choice only that if we could see a flower in full bloom to confirm
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Prashant awale

Aug 30, 2010, 1:28:46 AM8/30/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, shobha chavda, indiantreepix

Yes Tanay ji, Rashida ji,  i too think this as Tabernaemontana heyneana locally called as Nag kuda.

regards
Prashant

Smilax004

Aug 30, 2010, 2:17:49 AM8/30/10
to efloraofindia
This is undoubtedly Tabernaemontana heyneana (Apocynaceae).

Regards,
Giby

On Aug 30, 10:28 am, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Tanay ji, Rashida ji,  i too think this as Tabernaemontana heyneana
> locally called as Nag kuda.
> Here is the link from FOI..http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Nag%20Kuda.html
>
> regards
> Prashant
>

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:25 AM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Tabernaemontana heyneana is a great choice only that if we could see a
> > flower in full bloom to confirm
> > Tanay
>
> >   On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Rashida Atthar <

shobha chavda

Aug 30, 2010, 5:26:43 AM8/30/10
to Prashant awale, tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, indiantreepix
Thanx Tanay,Rashida ji and Prashanta ji.
Regards,
Shobha