ENDEMIC :: Acanthaceae » Mackenziea integrifolia

Dinesh Valke

Jun 13, 2010, 10:05:20 AM6/13/10
to efloraofindia
Dear friends ... found at Yeoor Hills today.

mak-KEN-zee-uh -- not sure of pronunciation, neither knowing named for whom ... HELP !!
in-teg-ree-FOH-lee-uh ... OR ... in-teg-rih-FOH-lee-uh -- meaning, leaves entire (undivided)

locally known in Marathi as: रानभोकरी or रानभोंकरी ranbhokari, वायटी wayati

Endemic to: Western Ghats

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
... for more views
http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=int&w=91314344@N00&q=Mackenzieaintegrifolia&m=tags

Regards.

P1180288.jpg
P1180286.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 13, 2010, 10:44:55 AM6/13/10
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dear Dinesh Ji,
Mackenziea comes from the named for the MacKenzie River, the longest river in Canada, which flows from Great Slave Lake in the Northwest Territories to the Arctic Ocean.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Dinesh Valke

Jun 13, 2010, 11:22:41 AM6/13/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia
Dear Tanay, ... please think of some botanist Mackenzie who was in India earlier, and had made great contribution to our botany.
Am very sure that MacKenzie River and Canada have no connection with Mackenziea integrifolia

For instance, Robert McKenzie Cross ... OR ... could be some other ...

Regards.

Neil Soares

Jun 13, 2010, 12:27:20 PM6/13/10
to tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Hi Dinesh,
  Nice photographs, but it is now called Leptacanthus integrifolius [Waiti]. Sending you my photograph of the same.
                   Regards,
                     Neil.

--- On Sun, 6/13/10, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Leptacanthes integrifolia [Mackecziea integrifolia],Waiti.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 13, 2010, 12:50:11 PM6/13/10
to Neil Soares, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks for the update
Tanay