Hybanthus sp from Munnar

Nayan Singh

Sep 10, 2009, 1:48:44 PM9/10/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
This is from Erabiculam National Park Munnar, taken on 12-5-09,
I think it is Hybanthus sp, experts please id it
thanks in advance
Nayan
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Hybanthus sp from Munnar.jpg

santhosh kumar es

Sep 10, 2009, 2:02:17 PM9/10/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Dungriyal Sir,

Your plant is an Impatiens, not Hybanthus. I do not know the species.

Santhosh

2009/9/10 Nayan Singh <ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in>
--
SANTHOSH
-----------------------------------

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

Nayan Singh

Sep 10, 2009, 10:40:53 PM9/10/09
to santhosh kumar es, indiantreepix
Dear Santhosh, this was a small plant in Erabiculum National Park, I was with a team in great hurry, so i could not give much attention. Thanks for correcting me.
Nayan

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

to indiantreepix, Nayan Singh, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Prashant awale, navendu page

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

"Dungriyal Sir,

Your plant is an Impatiens, not Hybanthus. I do not know the species.

Santhosh"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Hybanthus sp from Munnar.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nayan Singh

Nov 3, 2009, 1:27:56 PM11/3/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thanks Dear Navendu ji
thanks a lot
Nayan
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Nov 3, 2009, 2:56:55 PM11/3/09
to Nayan Singh, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Impatiens lawii is supposed to be Western Ghats endemic. Please check
carefully. the leaves look quite different.
aparna
--
Dr. Aparna Watve
Dr. Aparna Watve

J.M. Garg

Nov 4, 2009, 2:45:20 AM11/4/09
to Aparna Watve, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
Reply from Muthu ji:
"Hi all, this herb is Hybanthus enneaspermus (L.) F. v. Muell. [Violaceae]
Common in all districts of Tamil nadu. This is not Impatiens sp."

2009/11/4 Aparna Watve <aparna...@gmail.com>
> Seoni.480661
tel: 07692-228115
mobile: (0)9755667710 and 9822597288 still works

Tabish

Nov 4, 2009, 2:47:05 AM11/4/09
to indiantreepix
In Impatiens lawii the spur is absent. In this picture, the spur is
visible. To me this looks like Impatiens oppositifolia (Syn: Impatiens
rosmarinifolia)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Rosemary%20Leaved%20Balsam.html
- Tabish

On Nov 4, 12:56 am, Aparna Watve <aparnawat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Impatiens lawii is supposed to be Western Ghats endemic. Please check
> carefully. the leaves look quite different.
> aparna
>

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:57 PM, Nayan Singh <ns_dungri...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> > Thanks Dear Navendu ji
> > thanks a lot
> > Nayan
> > N.S.Dungriyal IFS
> > Chief Conservator of Forests
> > and Field Director
> > Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
> > M.P.
> > 09424792100
>
> > ________________________________
> > From: J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>
> > To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>

Muthu Karthick

Nov 4, 2009, 2:52:02 AM11/4/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Hi all, this herb is Hybanthus enneaspermus (L.) F. v. Muell. [Violaceae]
Common in all districts of Tamil nadu. This is not Impatiens sp.

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth
Chennai
www.careearthtrust.org

Tabish

Nov 4, 2009, 3:00:41 AM11/4/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Muthu,
Hybanthus enneaspermus has one large spade shaped petal, and the
leaves are entire
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Spade%20Flower.html
In the picture posted, two large lobes are clearly visible, and the
leaves have spiny teeth. It has to be a Balsam.
- Tabish